We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to make the best of CSA in 4 days!!

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
115 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
How to make the best of CSA in 4 days!!

We are only able to come for a short time this trip and chose Couples Swept Away.

We have 4 nights (3 full days) to enjoy July 6-10th. What would you suggest at the 'must do's' while here. We absolutely want to maximize our sunshine time whether it be on the beach or on the water so no tours or anything that would take us on a bus or in a shop out of the sun!!

If we like the trip we'll be back in November for 7-10 days so will be able to experience much more then! Any input/suggestions is appreciated.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,147 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to make the best of CSA in 4 days!!

When you arrive, and you have been assigned your room, before leaving the lobby, head to the concierge desk and reserve your catamaran cruise, Feathers and Lemongrass.. Once your reservations are secured head to your room. Catamaran does not go out on Sunday or Thursday.

Personally for that short of a trip, do not bother with the shopping trip. If you need to buy a few souvenirs do it in the Couples gift shop or at the airport ( both which have similar prices).

They have orientation twice a day at 10 30 and 5pm. It is usually a good idea if both or one of you attends the orientation, so you do not miss anything.

Sign up for things like Snorkeling, glass bottom boat rides the day before, you do that at the water sports hut. I know it is only a short trip. but still try Patois one day for breakfast, it really is that good.

Now just spend the rest of your time relaxing at the beach. Do not get upset if you do not make it to the swim up bar, it is not a priority. Relax, swim, float, drink and eat well ! Take a look at the daily activity schedule, and if something sounds interesting go, if not , there is no guilt in doing nothing !

Enjoy !

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,019 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to make the best of CSA in 4 days!!

Enjoy the beach. :)

Get to the beach early, since the showers tend to be more likely in the late morning to afternoon. Take the free CSA snorkel trips. Walk the beach and chat with the vendors and hustlers (and be prepared to say 'no thanks' with a smile every few minutes).

Edited: 10:20 pm, May 22, 2013
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to make the best of CSA in 4 days!!

dtj

So glad you decided to go for it staying at CSA in Negril even if only for 4 nights this time. I know you had posted you were hesitant about the travel time to Negril, it is so worth it!

After you check in stop at the concierge desk in the lobby and make your restaurant reservations for Feathers & Lemongrass and your catamaran cruise.

After you get settled in your room head to the water sports hut to make arrangements for diving and snorkeling. Sea Grape is right by the water sports hut and is a great place for a nice sea side lunch and fresh coconut water served in the coconut. There is a beach bar very close to Seagrape, grab a couple drinks and grab a couple loungers on the beach. Put your stuff down and head into the sea with the floaties provided on your loungers and just float and unwind for a while. (You will find yourselves doing this every day, no worries this is the best use of your time to just chill & relax, heaven)

You are arriving on a Saturday which is lobster night (season opens July 1st). Feathers, Lemongrass, Patois & The Palms will all be serving lobster.

Get up early each day and watch the resort wake up while enjoying high mountain coffee, orange juice, fresh fruit, croissants & pastries (there are other items on the continental breakfast menu) on your verandah and delivered to your room (fill out the card in your room the night before and put it on the door handle outside your door).

Head to the beach early each day, relax on your loungers with your floaties placed on top and then towels for extra comfort. Go into the sea and float for a while. Green flag beach drink service starts at 10am, order a couple dirty bananas (these are your breakfast smoothies). Let sand gravity take a hold of you and relax and then go float for a while again, repeat this process alternating cocktails.

Take a walk at least one day mid morning south down Long Bay Beach (as you are facing the sea go left). This is an excursion in itself, and something you should do before leaving Negril.

Take advantage of the water sports early in the day as you may have an afternoon shower in July. No worries if you have a light shower, stay in the sea or on the beach under a palapa, most likely it will pass quickly. If not just head back to your room for a nap and then hang out on your verandah and relax.

Enjoy your time at CSA and in Negril!

Westernport...
Level Contributor
168 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to make the best of CSA in 4 days!!

Book the catamaran cruise before going to your room. Relax at the beach and do not worry about the pool bar. If the resort is at capacity or close to it, the pool bar will be a lot of people crammed into a small space. Don't worry about the time you have, just sit back, relax, and enjoy it.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to make the best of CSA in 4 days!!

Our normal stay at CSA is 4 nights.

I hit the sports complex in the morning and then we spend all day, every day on that beautiful beach. We have never done the cat cruise and have no interest in it. We swim, take long walks, and let sand gravity do its thing.

We head to the cliffs for dinner and sunset once during our stay and always enjoy that.

I enjoy their guest yoga instructors and we both enjoy the martini bar before dinner and Aura for entertainment.

We very rarely use a pool at CSA so have never noticed a crowd there.

Counting down now until our July visit.

Oneonta, New York
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to make the best of CSA in 4 days!!

Four days..hummmm. I would go to Feathers, Martini bar, Cat Cruise, steel drums. And then all the rest of the time the BEACH!!!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How to make the best of CSA in 4 days!!

Quote: "I know you had posted you were hesitant about the travel time to Negril, it is so worth it!"

If you are concerned about the travel time to Negri for such a short stayl, (a valid concern in my opinion) you might want to consider using TimAir or International Air Link. These airlines offer flights from Montego Bay to Negril. Flight time is 12-15 minutes. We do this occasionally and treat it as an excursion. The view from 200 feet up along the coast is amaizing.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,066 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to make the best of CSA in 4 days!!

We almost always fly to Negril from MBJ on arrival. Beautiful flight and worth it for us.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How to make the best of CSA in 4 days!!

Good reminder NeedBlueWater. Actually, in a previous thread posted by the OP, I had recommended TimAir as a great way to kick off a short stay in Negril. And yes, the overhead views are amazing!

Westernport...
Level Contributor
168 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to make the best of CSA in 4 days!!

I just retuned from Couples from a 10 day stay from may 6-15th, and the pool bar was packed everyday. I could not believe it with a beach that nice. To each their own I guess. The cat cruise is a neat experience, especially being able to swim in the caves.