We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about CSA

Marion, Iowa
Level Contributor
803 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Question about CSA

hi there! we are headed to CSA for our first time and i had a question. we are going with friends, who will arrive the day before us, we only have a couple days together before they leave before us, can they make reservations for one of the restaurants for the 4 of us when they arrive, or can they only make one for themselves and we have to hope we can add ourselves on? and i heard that someone mentioned how hard it was to get on the catamaran trip, we are not going until end of september, so not sure if that is busy time or not, but we will have issues getting on that with our friends too? thanks for your help!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about CSA

Hi,

You are going to love CSA. I am sorry to say that no your friends will not be able to make reservations for you, all reservations are done with a room number. But what they can do is speak with the concierge and they might be able to help.

The good news is that Septmeber is not a very busy month so you should be ok for both dinner reservations and the cat cruise.

Marion, Iowa
Level Contributor
803 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about CSA

Thanks for your help! We are so excited! September seems so far away!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,471 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about CSA

I know exactly what you mean. We normally go in early August but this year we are not going until early September and the days seem to be crawling by. Of course once you get there they will fly.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about CSA

Still have your friends try and book a table for 4 under their room number. You never know, sometimes, when explained the circumstances, they are more lax on rules, especially during low season.

I usually go to CSA in September, and the rule is suppose to be you can not book a second reservation for the same restaurant, until you have ate at that restaurant. Well, depending on occupancy, and reservations, they have allowed us to book something almost every day: which i know does not happen during full or close to full occupancy.

Blondie, I think we are mixed up this year. I am usually at CSA in September, and you at Couples Negril in August, but this year it is flip flopped ! I am looking forward to spending a full week at Couples Negril.

Edited: 9:24 am, May 20, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
4,519 Reviews
Jamaica
Marion, Iowa
Level Contributor
803 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about CSA

Luckily we are taking our kids to Mexico in a couple weeks, that helps with the DIF! But still so excited to get to negril!

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
AAS
Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
421 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question about CSA

I've shown up with 4 people for a 2 person reservation many times and always been accomidated...

Marion, Iowa
Level Contributor
803 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question about CSA

Oh good to know! Thanks!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
4,182 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Question about CSA

Oh How I WISH I was going to CSA in Sept. Last Sept we went to SSBR. It is slower in Sept in general so Im sure you wont have a problem all getting on the Cat cruise. It cant hurt to ask if they would save a spot and then you could give the room number later?? All they can say is no. In fact we never make reservations for the snorkeling. We just show up at the time the boat goes out to see if anyone canceled. Most times there is someone who does not show so we jump on. You will LOVE LOVE CSA! I hope to be back there again someday! Sign up for romance rewards on the couples web site. I think you end up getting a free T Shirt & exchange privileges, so its worth it!! I miss Jamaica:-(

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Marion, Iowa
Level Contributor
803 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Question about CSA

marylynn, i see you are from cedar rapids! too funny since we are from marion, we are neighbors! i already signed up for romance rewards. can you tell i am excited to go? lol! thinking of maybe trying exchange privileges if we actually decide to leave the resort. and as for reservations, it is so hard to want to plan anything when you are on vacation and i hate to have to worry about reservations. thanks for the tip on snorkeling. that sounds like a great plan!

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Question about CSA

funlover

I honestly don't think you will have a problem with your restaurant reservations or catamaran reservations in September. Last July (busier time than September) we arrived a day earlier than our friends. After checkin we stopped at the reservations desk and made our restaurant & catamaran reservations and mentioned our friends arriving the next day who would be joining us. She took their names and told us to tell our friends to stop by right after checkin with their room number and date & time of reservations which we texted to them after we made our reservations. We have done this in the past as well (always in July), the staff are very accommodating based upon availability and a smile.

Enjoy your time at CSA and in Negril!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica