We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seashore Bay - Post Renovation

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Seashore Bay - Post Renovation

Thomson UK have just announced they'll be introducing a new hotel in Negril to their Sensatori range next year..

thomson.co.uk/blog/….UXO7acu9KK2

Did a quick search and found the plans on Karisma's site. Full details and couple of photos in the link; looks like Seashore Bay will become the Azul Sensatori Negril from 1st November '13.

karismahotels.com/HotelsResorts/ForEveryone/…

Canada
Level Contributor
523 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Seashore Bay - Post Renovation

This is my understanding after talking to a Karisma rep at the hotel as well as the manager.

The first half of the renos-buildings(villas) 4 and 5 will be completed Nov 2013 along with the lobby and 2 other restaurants.

Buildings 6 and 7 will be done along with major redos of the original pool area and the buffet restaurant will all be complete by end May 2014

To be honest it sounds to me as there will be construction of some description right up until May 2014.

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Seashore Bay - Post Renovation

YQG: I think you'll find its slightly less tropical than Negril at the moment; plus there's no beach! :0)

Edited: 12:51 pm, April 25, 2013
YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,000 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Seashore Bay - Post Renovation

We shall think of Negril while eating our Pims and/or Birchalls pies and having a pint, or two or three... See what you can do about the weather in June please. St Helens is 'home'

S.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Seashore Bay - Post Renovation

Has anyone got any photographs of the renovation (or a link to them)? We have a swim up honeymoon booked in July 2014.

Thanks M.

s c
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Seashore Bay - Post Renovation

Does anyone have an update on when the resort would open? Planning a 30 person wedding in May 2014 and trying to decide between azul n riu palace. I prefer Azul as its smaller but dont want ongoing construction.....no agent is able to give me a clear answer. At thoughts?

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Seashore Bay - Post Renovation

I had an email from guest relations last week and they stated that they are on target for completion in December this year and that all is going well.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
148 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Seashore Bay - Post Renovation

We purchased a timeshare at this resort when it was Poinciana in the mid-90's.

It was then managed for quite a while by Sandals, renamed Beaches Sandy Bay.

We will hopefully be experiencing our third management team the first week in December.

We are following the progress of the renovation as closely as we can.

South Jersey
Level Contributor
178 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: Seashore Bay - Post Renovation

My husband and I were in Negril from 7/22 - 7/26 and walked down to this resort which used to be Beaches Sandy Bay which we stayed at many times. Honestly, by the looks of it when we were there....it was a mess...they were just gutting rooms, ripping up all the concrete and tearing out the pools. I'm sure by now they've accomplished some things; but if it were me I wouldn't plan on booking anything until its fully completely.

Edited: 8:55 pm, September 23, 2013
Level Contributor
1,896 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Seashore Bay - Post Renovation

skihaines

I totally agree with you. We were in Negril July 13th for 2 weeks and walked past the property a couple times while staying at Sandals Negril our first week. If the property is open to guests in December as claimed with minimal disractions and interruptions from ongoing construction I would be amazed.

I am sure the final totally completed project will be a great addition to resorts on Long Bay but based on our observations in July, I can't imagine that happening by December or any time in the near future after that.

30. Re: Seashore Bay - Post Renovation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 25, 2014