We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question regarding safe going from airport to negril

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newark, New Jersey
2 posts
Save Topic
question regarding safe going from airport to negril

My wife and I have visited almost all the big name Caribbean islands and have a policy of not visiting the same island twice. So we are left with Jamaica now, going down the list. We plan to do a All Inclusive and remain on resort grounds so as to minimize our chances of being taken out. I know that the AI resorts are safe, but my concern is as follows:

Is the cab ride from airport to my resort in Negril safe? Will we experience danger getting to the hotel from the airport? This is my concern. Can someone answer? Thanks!

Edited: 1:29 am, April 10, 2013
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
157 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: question regarding safe going from airport to negril

I went to Negril for the first time this past December for 2 weeks. I am a 50-year-old female who normally travels solo and I've traveled throughout the U.S. (including New York, Washington, Los Angeles and Vegas) and I traveled for a month throughout Europe four years ago. I am a cautious traveler, however, I have never let fear drive my passion for traveling. I use common sense, regardless of where I travel. I read plenty of posts in the months leading up to Negril about the horrible hagglers, the "dangerous" people and the safety issues. I found none of these to be true. The Jamaican people are some of the most wonderful people I've met in my entire life. I spent hours talking to many of them about their lives and about the history of Negril. It was such a wonderful experience that I'm heading back this coming December for trip #2 to Negril. If you use common sense, and you treat others with respect, you will find that there's a wonderful adventure awaiting you in Negril. Such is the same with everywhere I've visited. But Negril tops them all. I'm not saying that bad people will not be found in Negril. I'm sure they're there. Just like they are everywhere else. As I said, my belief is that caution and respect for others are what lead to a positive experience while traveling. Best of luck to you wherever you decide to go!

Edited: 7:50 pm, April 16, 2013
32. Re: question regarding safe going from airport to negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 18, 2014