We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Negril or Couples Barbados?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
165 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Couples Negril or Couples Barbados?

I was all set to book Couples Negril, but then noticed that there is a new Couples resort in Barbados (former Almond Cosuarina Beach Resort). I think the Negril beach would win hands down (Barbados beach looks more wavy...but good for body surfing), otherwise, the two resorts look comporable. Wondering if anyone has stayed at both resorts and could offer a comparison? Many thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
4,519 Reviews
Jamaica
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Michigan
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Barbados?

I don't believe Couples Barbados has opened yet - very soon though. I've always heard wonderful things about Barbados, and considered it, but flying there is more expensive and a lot more hours of flying. For me, the airplane trip made this a no no, Not interested in 20 hour flight, when I can be in MBJ in 4 hours on a direct flight.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Michigan
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Barbados?

Just checked their website, opening June 15th.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,235 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Barbados?

If considering Barbados, this may be the time to go. The $1000 air credit and grand opening price, makes Couples Barbados a good price, that may not be seen again.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Barbados?

Do you think that the hotel is going to be ready to go on opening day - June 15th. I am looking to book something for our 25th wedding anniversary in June and was considering Couples Barbados but was hesitant because it is opening week. Would be cool to be one of their first guests though.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Riviera Maya, Negril
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Barbados?

You should check the Barbados forum as well as Couples message board. Lots of info there though it is too soon to know much.

Less inclusions at CB (due to water conditions), no room service.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Barbados?

Do you think that the hotel is going to be ready to go on opening day - June 15th. I am looking to book something for our 25th wedding anniversary in June and was considering Couples Barbados but was hesitant because it is opening week. Would be cool to be one of their first guests though.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
1,850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Barbados?

Gina P, I don't know anything more than the next poster, but for something like a 25th anniversary, I wouldn't risk it. I'd go for Couples Negril. You could be in the middle of some serious renovations at Couples Barbados. It may be worth the risk for a regular vacation, but not a special anniversary. Just my humble opinion.

Mentioned in this post
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
4,519 Reviews
Jamaica
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Barbados?

Actually when it is opened as Couples Barbados they will have the same inclusions as Couples Negril along with room service. They are set for June 15 and have already started making changes on the property. There is a a new restaurant that they will be opening as well as a swim up bar and hot tubs. The rooms will all have king size beds and flat screens.

Having said all that I have mixed feelings about there for the opening, while I think it would be a lot of fun I also think that there might some issues and glitches that might interfere with vacation.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Couples Negril
Couples Negril
4,519 Reviews
Jamaica
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Barbados?

blondie, randy posted yesterday that there will be no room service at CB - period and not just temporary) and also recently that a good number of the water sports will be off resort as the water is too rough and that diving will be limited as well. This is all on the Couples message board.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,069 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples Negril or Couples Barbados?

Posted by randymon over the course of the last few weeks:

-Couples Barbados does not offer room service.

- There will be one snorkeling trip per day.

-Yes to Hammocks. No to floaties for now.

-At total of 4 dives per stay is included

-The water off the beach at the resort is not conducive to waterskiing. I expect that we can offer this as an option at another location for an additional charge

We look forward to welcoming you home to Couples Barbados.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean