We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aqua Negril...Bought....?

Chicago suburb
Level Contributor
9 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Aqua Negril...Bought....?

Heard bought by JA Dr. .....and that Bar may be open......workers cleaning up the house......maybe open for business again soon....? Any others hear or see anything.....?

Lowry, MN
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aqua Negril...Bought....?

Yes, Aqua was bought by a local Dr and the bar is open. My husband and I had several drinks there last week while visiting with Andre, the new bartender. We were able to take a tour of the house and it sounds like it's ready, just waiting for new owner to set rates.

Edmonton, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Aqua Negril...Bought....?

Yes!! I too had drinks from the lovely Andrae at Aqua last week. Resort looks very nice. Will definately check it out for my next trip to seven mile beach Negril.

Sonoma, California
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aqua Negril...Bought....?

Just as an update - we were walking down the beach yesterday and the Aqua bartender informed us that the place was open for business. He even offered to rent us a room. Their website isn't operational yet, so I'm not sure how else you go about renting a room. The place looked really nice; probably the nicest looking non-AI place on the beach other than Moon Dance Villas.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,162 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aqua Negril...Bought....?

Thanks for the update.

Any word if it is still going to be considered a bed and breakfast ?

Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day. The previous owners made a wonderful gourmet breakfast for their guests each morning ( and my understanding is, the owner was the chef). I wonder what the breakfast will be now, and if it will be included?

I am glad to hear the place is getting cleaned up and again ready for business. However, I am sad to hear the previous owners were unable to make the place succeed. I met them one day while visiting their bar. They had a large rum collection, and my husband is a rum drinker,so we stopped by one afternoon. The owners were extremely nice people and brought us on a tour of the house . Beautiful home and location, so I hope for those looking for higher end accommodations, will look at Aqua.

Edited: 9:51 am, May 21, 2013
Sonoma, California
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aqua Negril...Bought....?

No idea about the breakfast. But I'll ask if we happen to be walking past it again.

Level Contributor
790 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aqua Negril...Bought....?

great news! Aqua had become one of our fav bars.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
307 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aqua Negril...Bought....?

We got in tonight. We walked past Aqua each day. All was very quiet. Some days the bar was open, some days not. Never saw anyone there.

8. Re: Aqua Negril...Bought....?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 24, 2014