We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 mile beach

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
35 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
7 mile beach

Ok - I am confused. I apologize for the coming stupid question but I cant seem to find the answer anywhere else.

I am booked at the Club Riu in Negril. is this or is this not on 7 Mile Beach?? I thought it was at the end of 7 mile Beach. Is the Tropical Bay Riu on 7 Mile Beach?

Thanks for your time and help on this !!

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: 7 mile beach

Plus it should be in KM's hehe

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,036 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: 7 mile beach

Kms... LOL. You folks are fun. BP - Liz & I were chuckling yesterday about just what you suggested - starting to call it "5 mile beach". ;)

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: 7 mile beach

Which was named first?

"7 Mile Beach" in Negril

OR

"7 Mile Beach" in Grand Cayman

...and did one steal the name from the other as a marketing tool?

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: 7 mile beach

Pura - good question, one for Google for sure.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,329 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: 7 mile beach

"We did not care for Bloody Bay, compared to Long Bay."

Ahhhh....I'm going to go nostalgic on you here - Bloody Bay was a true pristine paradise before the RIUs and Couples built there....no development, natural beach, crystal clear water that didn't smell, no imported sand and clothing optional. I'm sure others can weigh in here how special that beach was just 15 years ago....

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: 7 mile beach

We spent 20+ vacations there before it became too civilized.

Ontario's Near...
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: 7 mile beach

How about calling it "7K" Beach?

A rose by any other name....

Long Bay really is about 7 kilometers, and Jamaica uses the Metric system, as does most of the modern world. What is this term "mile" that some of you speak of?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
307 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: 7 mile beach

I can only imagine how great it was to have Bloody Bay undeveloped, so close to Long Bay. Wish I had found Jamaica sooner. But life got in the way.

29. Re: 7 mile beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 19, 2014