We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dream team divers?????????

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dream team divers?????????

How is this diving company? Never scuba dived before always wanted to try. How is the site they dive at? Also I feel the price wasn't that bad, does any one have another company they would recommend? Thanks

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dream team divers?????????

Ken and Sabine the owners are great people. I have seen them dive out of Catcha numerous times and everyone I spoke to that used their services had nothing but good things to say.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,854 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dream team divers?????????

They are wonderful. Ken and Sabine are friends of mine and both are so knowledgeable and kind. You'll have a great time with them.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dream team divers?????????

Another vote for Ken and Sabine at Dream Team Divers.

I did my PADI certification with them. Did the E-learning part at home then my practical and dives with Ken.

We did dives from both Catcha and Sunset on the Cliffs.

Had some friends that did the discover Scuba with them when we were down in November, they loved it!

Very reasonable prices and they pick you up and drop you off at your hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dream team divers?????????

Thank you everyone. This will be the first time I have ever dived before.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dream team divers?????????

Any one else have feedback from this company?????

Bethesda, Maryland...
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dream team divers?????????

Ken and Sabine are amazing, I posted a review on Tripadvisers of them, they're much better than my local diving company(who I got ripped off on with the e-learning/pool work and will never frequent again).

Me and a buddy are going back in August to get our Advanced certification with them.

The diving itself is alright, not a whole lot of big fish because the coral and local ocean is still recovering, but it's Jamaica and it's still the Caribbeans!

I stayed at Catcha Gardens and it was relaxing, Sabine or Ken will pick you up from quite a few hotels and if you hang out at the LTU you'll run into them in the evening.

If you're getting certified then email Ken about doing the whole program through him. The pool work and e-learning is easy and can be done pretty quickly, no reason to pay a local company $400+ for pool work and e-learning.

Cheers, don't forget to equalize!

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dream team divers?????????

Anyone else use this company?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dream team divers?????????

jjdgolf,

How much reassurance do you need?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
12,491 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dream team divers?????????

jjdgolf,

Several of the upper-scale Negril AIs have included dive operations. These include Sandals, Beaches, Couples (both of them), Breezes and Hedo.

Some AIs have a related dive operation such as the two RIUs (Scuba Caribe) that do charge for their diving. Having said that, this operator does take clients that are not staying at a RIU.

There are several "independent" operators: Negril Scuba Centre, Sun Divers, Dream Team Divers, Dolphin Divers. (Google is your friend locating their websites.) Some of these operators are located at a resort and some have their own shop.

Personally, I would prefer a dive operator that offers boat trips to the near-by reefs rather than an operator that offers a 'shore' dive from a Cliffs location.

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Dream Team Divers
Dream Team Divers
83 Reviews
Jamaica
Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,854 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dream team divers?????????

"Dolphin Divers"

Dolphin Divers haven't been in operation for over a decade.