We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from CSA!

Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from CSA!

Spent a perfect Valentines week in paradise! Any questions?

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
505 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from CSA!

Are Shawn and Ricardo still at the martini bar? What type of room did u have.

Grimsby, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from CSA!

How do the dinner reservations work. Do you have to reserve in the morning or day before or can you just go to the restaurant and get in. I know more resorts are going to the no-reservations (but you may get a buzzer to let you know you are up for dinner).

We are trying to decide between CSA and CN, still not sure.

New York
Level Contributor
86 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from CSA!

No-just envious. Hope you enjoyed. Few more months for us to go! Woo Hoo

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,192 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from CSA!

Glad you had nice time, also envious.

How was the weather ?

Did you have any problems getting reservations for the catamaran cruise?

What was your favorite restaurant ?

Also, did you notice if they have brought back Miller LIte?

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from CSA!

I'd also like to know if you had any issues getting a "reservation" on the catamaran cruise and for snorkeling. We plan on doing both more than once. I've heard people say its no problem, and others say the spots were all filled up when they arrived.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from CSA!

Do they serve Budweiser products; Bud light, Bud Select etc?

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just back from CSA!

@Jennifer C--- no Budweiser.

Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just back from CSA!

I'm not sure who was at the martini bar this time. We only stopped to get a drink on our way to Lemongrass and didn't catch their names. We stayed in an Atrium Suite again. We love the feel of the room as well as the hammock. We were on the second floor in the building directly in front of Seagrapes. Not as private as or Atruim suite we had last time but our amazing view of the beach and pool made up for it and still private enough. We also layed in our hammock every night listening to the entertainment at The Palms.

Traveljunkies- only two restaurants require reservations. Feathers and Lemongrass. We arrived late afternoon on Monday and made reservations for Feathers for Valentines Day. The only thing that was available was a 9pm seating but I was not at all surprised by that and it worked our perfectly since the Valentines party was earlier that evening. I didn't ask about other days but I'm sure it wouldn't have been an issue. We made reservations for Lemongrass for Wednesday and got the timeslot that we requested. The other

restaurants you can just walk into and we have never waited for a table.

We made reservations for the Catamaran when we arrived. It was booked for Tuesday and we had plans for Wednesday so we went out on Friday but it was not an issue at all. We had a great time and will definately do it again but personally I wouldn't want to go more than once per trip.

The weather was perfect! A couple short showers but mostly sun all week!

Our favorites are Patios and Lemongrass. We love the atmosphere and food at both! While the food was very very good at Feathers the atmosphere just isn't as romantic as I think it could be. I did go tour Couples Negril with my Travel Agent one morning and their gourmet restaurant looked incredible! It has love seats at the tables. But overall I still prefer CSA.

I didn't see and Budweiser or Miller products but there is plenty of Red Stripe and Red Stripe Light! Also they no longer have red bull at the sports bar.

Service was still wonderful our only issues were about other guests. People playing the towel game worse than ever! Still no problem finding loungers we just had to drag 4 of them together. I saw one group of people that had a set of loungers in the shade and a set in the sun and would o back and forth instead of just moving them. We only ate at The Palms for breakfast twice even though we prefer the buffet breakfast because the line to get omelets was pretty annoying. We dont eat omelets but we still had to wait as if we did because guests wouldn't let you to the rest of the food. I wish they would figure out a better way to do that. Nothing that put a damper on our trip and not the resorts fault by any means. I just wish other guests would be a little more courteous.

Edited: 11:35 pm, February 17, 2013
Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just back from CSA!

Oh no problems going snorkeling at all! We only went twice this trip because we just wanted to lay around. Once during the day on the day we signed up and one night snorkel. The same day. Last trip we snorkled almost every day. You won't have trouble with snorkeling more than once for sure!

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just back from CSA!

Did they have bananas? Heard some of the Couples resorts were out.

Gotta have a Dirty Banana...