We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breezes Negril is Stonewalling us. What should we do?

Gainesville Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Breezes Negril is Stonewalling us. What should we do?

Breezes Negril Family. We won three free nights at the Grand at a repeaters party last July. We have been attempting to make reservations with the resort. The reservations staff has been stonewalling us for over a month now. All we want to know is how much will it cost for us to upgrade to a cove suite. Now the resort tells us we can’t be there around the 4th of July “because it is a U.S. holiday” Anybody have any suggestions on how we should proceed?

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Breezes Negril is Stonewalling us. What should we do?

What does the 4th of July holiday in the USA have to do with Jamaica? LOL

Yep it sounds like they are jerking you around. I'm sure they have a reason and it's a shame you are the victim.

Just a suggestion, take it up with the organization that sponsored the prize.

Hope you find resolution and they are better at public relations in the future.

Edited: 7:44 pm, February 08, 2013
Gainesville Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breezes Negril is Stonewalling us. What should we do?

I think you hit the nail in the head Blues Pirate…..Only problem is we won the gift from the resort’s general manager…..John Macintosh. We love the place and have no problem dealing with the people when we visit there but good heavens, there is a bit of business decorum we need to follow in this world. Hopefully we can work through it because DR is really calling us!

nova scotia
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breezes Negril is Stonewalling us. What should we do?

Complimentary stays usually have black out dates; hotels don't want to .give away rooms they can otherwise rent out. Might be why you are not getting confirmed for July 4th holiday period. That still does not explain why a month has elapsed though... good luck and hope it works out!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breezes Negril is Stonewalling us. What should we do?

Are you going for any additional nights or only the three nights. If only the three nights and are trying to upgrade, that may be one reason they won't work with you. If you are booking more nights, why not just take those three nights where ever they may be and book the suite the rest of the time?

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,162 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breezes Negril is Stonewalling us. What should we do?

Good idea anode. In addition book your paid days over the 4th if you are going to more then 3 days.

GvilleTrveler- you are not the first one to come on this sight complaining about free nights received from a resort ( I remember complaints about Couples, Secrets and Sandals). However, if a resort gives you free nights, even if won at the resort, you still have to play by their rules, even if they seem unfair and they make them up as they go along.

Good luck, and I would try and get something booked soon before the resort is sold and those free days will not be worth anything.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,430 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Breezes Negril is Stonewalling us. What should we do?

So I have a different take on this, when are you trying to book? I am noticing that all of their promos are only for booking through March and the rates that they have posted for July are ridiculous. 8 nights Jus 28th to July 5th is $4000 for a junior suite.

Maybe there is something going on that they have not announced.

So. California
Level Contributor
817 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breezes Negril is Stonewalling us. What should we do?

I also won 3 free nights on our last visit and after booking thru allinclusiveoutlet.com I emailed the travel agent at all inclusive a copy of the voucher as well as the voucher for 1 free night I got as a repeater. They were able to apply both vouchers to the total cost. But that was when news of the possible sale to Couples first came out and I was afraid that after the sale the voucher would no longer be honored. We are now booked for 9 nights in May with 4 of them free.

Right now BGN is not offering any sales for stays after March 31, I would guess because they are still in negotiations with the possible sale of the resort, so even if you get your free nights you will be paying full price for your other nights. My only suggestion is to deal with a travel agent familiar with dealing with Superclubs resorts such as allinclusiveoutlet.com

Good luck

Virginia
Level Contributor
908 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Breezes Negril is Stonewalling us. What should we do?

Your travel agent should handle this for you. If your travel agent won't then you need a better TA. If you booked yourself... then you need to stay after them and keep getting yourself moved up the chain of command.

This might be difficult to resolve since SuperClubs seems to have run it's course in Jamaica and it mainly trying to sell out and get out. I think Rooms on the Beach (x2) and BGN are their only properties left in Jamaica.

I would suggest calling or emailing someone at SuperClubs rather than directly at the resort. Best of luck! I hope it works out for you.

All the best!

Gainesville Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Breezes Negril is Stonewalling us. What should we do?

Thanks for your suggestions. I have e-mailed Mr. Macintosh, BGN GM, and have asked him for his help. The great days of BGN may be in the past with the impending future sale of the property.

Gainesville Florida
Level Contributor
13 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Breezes Negril is Stonewalling us. What should we do?

We e-mailed Property Manager Mr. John Macintosh directly and he passed our request to Jodain who is the front office supervisor. Jodain answered our questions and has established our reservation for us. We hated to go to John because we know how busy he is but our action proved to be helpful. Thanks for your feedback!