We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Bar and Margaritaville?

Calgary
Level Contributor
355 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Bar and Margaritaville?

On Couples website it shows free excursions to Margaritaville and Sunset Bar. Where and what is Sunset Bar ?

Thanks,

North Bay
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Bar and Margaritaville?

Barry,

I'm also going to CSA in a month. And from what I've researched Margarittaville is a 5 minute walk down the beach. Not sure about the Sunset Bar. Hope this helps.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Bar and Margaritaville?

I believe sunset bar is up on the cliffs

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Bar and Margaritaville?

Sunset After Dark Bar and Grill? Is on the cliffs in the West End.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147313-d2…

Maragarittaville is about dead center of 7 Mile Beach

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-aurora&ie=UTF-8&q=margaritaville+negril&fb=1&gl=us&hq=margaritaville+negril&hnear=margaritaville+negril&cid=0,0,7432418836587476523&ei=9LP9UKiJPMeP2gWbhoCQDA&ved=0CJYBEPwSMAA

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Bar and Margaritaville?

I believe there is sunset pub in far westend, well past the lighthouse closer to Tingalayas I think

~~~
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Bar and Margaritaville?

On the Couples site, I always read that as "Catamaran cruise to A sunset bar", not "The" sunset bar.

So I am interested in this answer as well...

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
829 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Bar and Margaritaville?

My suggestion is to avoid Margarettaville and spent some time hitting the smaller bars along the beach....but if you must, just walk down to the beach and hang a left. After about a 10 minute walk you should see Margarettaville. If I were you, however, I'd keep walking and visit the many other small bars/restaurants and experience the local vibe.

Also, if you get a chance, take in at least one sunset trip to the cliffs. Maybe grab a dinner somewhere like Ivans or LTU. Rick's Cafe is always interesting, but just for the divers...the food there isn't all that great, IMO.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset Bar and Margaritaville?

I am sure they take you to Rick's. All the big buses come in from the AI's and after sunset go back out.

Agree with MuckandGrind

Go on your own to LTU or Ivan's at Catcha for dinner and or/drinks and sunset for a much better (quieter/more romantic) experience.

Try Boat Bar on the beach.

Lewisburg, West...
Level Contributor
578 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunset Bar and Margaritaville?

The catamaran sunset cruise from CSA, take you to Ricks, where u can chill out on the catamaran, swim, jump off the cliff or get a drink..

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,486 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunset Bar and Margaritaville?

If you like small bars do the one love bus crawl, you will have a great time and visit about 6 or 7 bars.

Also y

Try to visit Sunset Bar, great food

Edited: 10:50 pm, January 21, 2013
Maine
Level Contributor
442 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunset Bar and Margaritaville?

The place we were taken to was called Push Cart and it's on the cliffs near Rockhouse. It was a neat place with a great sunset. We stayed at CN. Our catamaran also took us to Push Cart for some swimming in the caves.

JD