We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pricing problems at local bars in Negril

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pricing problems at local bars in Negril

I'm a bit suspicious when an earlier poster said they were on the One Love bus tour. The first round of drinks at a bar (Mi Yard) was $20 USD and the second round for the same set of drinks was suddenly $30 a few minutes later. Why did prices suddenly go up like that?

Virginia
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Pricing problems at local bars in Negril

Agreed on the one drink idea. You're going to 7 bars in a few hours - maybe it's just me, but why would you need more than one per bar? And it solves the problem of getting "ripped ott".

I can't see skipping the tour because you don't want to get ripped off. You're on vacation, you're expecting to spend $$, and this will get you away from your resort to see some small bars you wouldn't see otherwise. That's a win-win-win proposition! We're definitely doing the One Love Bus Tour whlie we're there.

Spfld Missouri
Level Contributor
157 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Pricing problems at local bars in Negril

Can't wait for the OLB tour. I think having JA dollars would eliminate the issues on pricing. BTW, I'm sure you have all been to a bar/restaurant back home and paid $10 for a fancy drink or $6-$7 bucks for a pint, just to be surrounding by a bunch of people that would not give you the time of day.

Enjoy, your on vacation.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,876 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Pricing problems at local bars in Negril

It's been my experience that Delroy, the owner of MiYard, is very responsive to feedback from his customers: http://www.miyard.com/framesboard.htm

Perhaps a suggestion of drink prices listed on a menu or something along those lines would help.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Pricing problems at local bars in Negril

I hit Mi Yard probably 6-7 times over the last two weeks and had zero issues, and one of the stops was on the pub crawl. However I did have issues at 2 other well known bars on the West End outside of the pub crawl. One place was miscommunication between the staff and the other place is horrible at keeping track of your bill, especially if you are with a group.

25. Re: Pricing problems at local bars in Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 10, 2014