We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

if EP, where do we eat?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chicago, illinois
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
if EP, where do we eat?

if we do the EP, we're looking at coco la palm or country country (which one is better, as in nicer rooms and quieter beaches)?

are there places to eat that are affordable for lunch that are within a 5-10 min walk, fast and cheap so we can go right back to sunbathing?

can't sleep - need to decide! help please!

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: if EP, where do we eat?

Both Coco la palm and Country country are excellent small hotels but based on my experience I would give the slight edge over Country Country just for the mere ambiance of the place. Others might disagree ofcourse.

In terms of dining there is a great restaurant on the seven mile beach called Cosmo's that I would recommend. It is however located at the far end of the strip close rto Hedo and GLN. The prices are however not that bad and the food is absolutely faboulous. Jah B's is also a great restaurant for those people on a bugdet. The staff is very friendly and the food is great especially the jerk chicken or curried shrimp. Ofcourse many more small restaurants are located on the beach. Most have prices written on boards so its easy to compare.

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
9,628 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: if EP, where do we eat?

Hello manky,

I would choose Coco la Palm. However, CC is also extremely nice.

Both have incredibly beautifull landscaped gardens which I personally feel are important to me.

You will have many advantages of having local salespersons bringing fresh fruit, juices, snacks, patties right up to your spot on the beach.

If you feel the need to have a more solid lunch then there are many places nearby. Find the one that suits you best and have them send out your boxed lunch to you daily. Jamaica food lunch is about $3.

You will not have to give up your spot on the beach. However, I do suggest that you eat under a tree that offers shade.

Have fun!

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
9,628 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: if EP, where do we eat?

Good manin alimirage,

What yu doin up dis early? We must have posted at the same time?

Best Wishes....

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: if EP, where do we eat?

I booked yesterday for seven nights at Country Country through Negril One Stop. The resort seems so much more unique and distinctly Jamaican. But that’s just me.

I am so excited!! I can’t wait to be in Negril.

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,671 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: if EP, where do we eat?

Your best bet for fast and cheap so that you can go right back to sunbathing is to just grab something from the vendors on the beach - you don't even need to move from your chair - they will walk by with patties, fresh fruit, juice, ice cream, etc.... Just throw some JA money in your beach bag.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: if EP, where do we eat?

I vote for Coco primarily because of beach frontage (much larger in length and width) and location. It is more centrally situated on the main beach with restaurants close by on either side. CC is nice though. Also Coco has two pools and breakfast is included at the restaurant.

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: if EP, where do we eat?

That's a tough one.. CC's property is really nice, cute little cottages. Coco's property is nice, rooms are clean, and has 2 pools and a hot tub.. Both have places to eat close enough to grab something and lay back down.. I like Coco's beach, nice and wide and deep as stated above, but I heard the beach around CC has gotten a lot deeper in the past few months, so that's a bonus.. CC has treehouse next door, with a fun little bar and Coco has For Real's beach bar next door.. Coco has Best in the West jerk chicken right across the street which is awesome.. Coco is a closer walk to the nightlife, where as CC is farther down towards Couples Negril and SeaSplash area.. So it's a longer stumble back to your room at night.. Choice is yours.. Whats important to you??? Cuz they both have their perks, and both have places all around them for great food.

Good Luck!!!

Ashland, Ohio
Level Contributor
261 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: if EP, where do we eat?

Hi manky,

Sorry I can't tell you about coco la palm, but I do know that there are very close places to eat/drink by country country. Within a minute (or less walk) there is Travellers, Normas (and a little hut next to Norma's with meat patties- just over $1 U.S. and fruit), in the other direction there is Margaritaville and a lady with a fruit stand at Mood Dance Villas. Then if you venture 5 to 10 minutes (or less) in either direction of Country Country you will have many places from which to choose. Also, like what has been mentioned, there will be vendors walking the beach offering patties, juice, and fruit.

Really, no need to worry, you will be close to food.

Have fun!!