We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fried snapper near CSA?

Maryland
Level Contributor
83 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Fried snapper near CSA?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a place that cooks good whole fried snapper? We're staying at CSA and would like a place within walking distance on the beach. Last year Elvis referred us to a place that was good but I can't remember the name of it. Thanks!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fried snapper near CSA?

It's not fried, but the grilled snapper sandwich at Sea Grapes right there at CSA is D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!!!!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fried snapper near CSA?

Try Alfred's which is a bit of a walk south of CSA. Although I doubt they will have whole fried fish they do have excellent grilled snapper and blackened snapper. Maybe tie it in with a night they have a live reggae show if you can hold off eating until a little later than normal.

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,625 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fried snapper near CSA?

Agree with Blue water. CSA has some really nice grilled snapper on their menu at just about every restaurant. I am not a fish eating person but DH just loves to have the Snapper FISH when we are at Couples. They even have Lion Fish if you want to give it a try.

Negril, Jamaica
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fried snapper near CSA?

When on the beach at Swept Away, head to your right...a half mile up you'll come to Cosmos restaurant. If they don't have the whole fish on the menu, I'm sure you can request it done that way for you and let them tell you when they could have it. Snapper in a variety of other forms is sure to be on the menu. The red pea (kidney bean) soup is thick and creamy and a wonderful appetizer. Wear your swimsuit under your clothes and bring a towel...jump into the water for a swim on the walk back...all in all, a nice little outing.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,565 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fried snapper near CSA?

I heartily second the suggestion of Cosmos. Their fresh fish specials are always truly special. I've had many fine meals there, but the one constant every time is their Pea Soup, possibly the best soup in the universe. As TOTTT said, the "peas" are actually small red beans. Most in the US think of kidney beans as the large-ish beans many people use in chili, but Cosmos are half that size or smaller, and they have a much milder and creamier taste. Nectar of the Gods.

Superior, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Fried snapper near CSA?

Yep Cosmo's is where we go for fish, I love the brown stew snapper, its the whole fish cooked in a crazy good brown sauce.

Santa Rosa Beach...
Destination Expert
for Negril
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fried snapper near CSA?

I agree, Cosmos has great snapper, Alfred's also, if you happen to catch the guys in from fishing they spread out their catch and there is everything from fish, giant crab, lobster, it was an amazing site to see so much variety of seafood and fresh, still alive.

Alexandria Bay
Level Contributor
551 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fried snapper near CSA?

Cosmo's is right next door so enjoy.

9. Re: Fried snapper near CSA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 18, 2013