We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril, Jamaica

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Negril, Jamaica

Has anyone just come back from Negril? Just wondering how much damage was done there after hurricane Sandy? What is seven mile beach like, was it washed out?

Maritimes
Level Contributor
319 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril, Jamaica

I saw pictures and the beach had big waves but it wasn't washed out. Bourbon Beach on Facebook had put up some pix

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
22,298 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril, Jamaica

Thanks for that LadyJane. I'll have a look at the pictures put up by Bourbon Beach on Facebook. Glad to hear that Negril wasn't too badly affected.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril, Jamaica

Couples Swept Away in Negril, Jamaica

Has anyone been to CSA in the last week?

How is the beach at the resort?, has it been washed away?

How much damage has been done in this area?

Mentioned in this post
Couples Swept Away
Couples Swept Away
5,646 Reviews
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Akron,Ohio
Level Contributor
622 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril, Jamaica

From what I understand, there was no damage to Swept Away. The beach saw some erosion, but very little. I think we're seeing more of the storm here in Ohio than they did in Negril.

Mentioned in this post
Ohio
Ohio
United States
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,462 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril, Jamaica

Couples posted that they had no damage at CSA or CN, it was CSS and CTI ont he other side of the island that had some damage.

baltimore
Level Contributor
371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Negril, Jamaica

I just got back on the 21st of nov....no worries...Jamacia is great...Margaritaville in Mobay was wipe out totally....everything in Negril is great. I had the best time as usual...Im convience that Nov is the best time to visit...The weather was great...noooo rain at all all week...Alfreds was great...went to a party at Chances...overall visit was great...chilled all week..will return late april for my birthday.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,200 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Negril, Jamaica

Agreed. No major damage in Negril. There were some rather large waves and associated damage to foliage from the salt spray on the cliffs, but no major damage to the beach - at least down by Superclubs.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,705 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Negril, Jamaica

As of today, no damage at all - a bit humid, sea is flat (on the west end). Stunning.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
169 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Negril, Jamaica

Just got back last week. Actually the storm brought back some much needed sand to the beach. Noticed the beaches are wider than they were when we last visited this past January . We did not see any damage at all on the beach or cliffs.

Save Reply
10. Re: Negril, Jamaica

Not a thing. Absolutely gorgeous on seven mile beach and all around the island. Hurricane sandy only hit the Kingston side which is over 260 miles from negril. I promise, I was there for Christmas.