We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

things to do around negril

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
things to do around negril

going to Negril Jamaica for three months what are some things we must do or see?

St Petersburg, FL
Level Contributor
512 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: things to do around negril

snorkel, swim, lay on da beach, eat some patties, drink some Red Stripes, jet ski, para-sail, sail, fishing, drink some Rum, get a tan, listen to live music, dance, smoke, dive off da Cliffs, go down to the roundabout and walk around, check out other resorts, visit some gift shops, take a nap, have a dirty banana or hummingbird, go shopping, go for a ride in a red plate route taxi, meet some locals, eat some jerk chicken, try some curried goat, have a some locally made juice, drink some Blue Mountain Coffee, maybe add some Sangser Rum Cream to dat Blue Mountain Coffee, lay on a raft for hours, chat up the vendors on da beach, listen to the traveling musicians on da beach, go to the Cliffs for a sunset, do some bedroom aerobics, drink some more Red Stripes, try ackee and saltfish for breakfast, go bird watching, go horseback riding, go see Bamboo Alley, go to the Pelican Bar, go to Mayfields Falls, do the Appleton Rum tour, go to the Jungle, go to a concert, try some oxtail, have sorrel tea, drink some Ting, eat a Mango, go visit the Lighthouse, go to the Sav market on Saturdays or any day, go say hi to Charlie the Croc at the Black River Tour, go eat at Bentley's Crab House for the best food on da island, listen to some Reggae, enjoy some liquid sunshine, check out the beach scenery, take some photos and maybe drink some more Red Stripe............

or you can do absolutely nuthin at all!

Cool Runnings, Marko

HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(3)Bourbon Beach 12

Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: things to do around negril

Well said...it will also be our first trip to jamaica, and we will difinitely be using your list. Wow!!! thanks

Level Contributor
33 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: things to do around negril

Well said...it will also be our first trip to jamaica, and we will difinitely be using your list. Wow!!! thanks

Edited: 4:42 pm, October 26, 2012
Boston...
Level Contributor
21 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: things to do around negril

THREE MONTHS?! Good lord. To the impressive list above, I would add YS Falls - hire a driver if you can, and take your time swimming in all the pools at the falls' various levels. It really is beautiful there. And the drive there is very interesting, if a bit hair-raising as well. Get some of the spicy crawfish cooked up by the side of the road near YS Falls. The food vendors on the beach in Negril do have some delicious treats - I'm especially fond of the curried pumpkin patties one guy has. Do be careful of brownies, if you partake in that kind of thing. When a Jamaican says it's strong, IT IS. But yeah - it's almost impossible to not enjoy yourself in Negril. I spent one of the best weeks of my life there (at Nirvana) with my wife & daughter. Enjoy.

Oxford, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: things to do around negril

Have a meal or two at Ivans.

Enjoy a massage from Beverly Haslam and Evette at Palms resort.

Hang out at the world famous Boat Bar for some free live reggae and good food.

Visit Dolphin Cove near Lucea.

Have a few meals at LTU Pub on the cliffs.

Have a few meals at Sharks on the cliffs.

Hang out at Margarittaville.....fun times!! and delicious onion rings.

Enjoy some jerk chicken at Bourbon Beach.

Try the fish-n-chips at Alfreds.

Visit the lighthouse and take a tour.....awesome views.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,529 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: things to do around negril

I go there for 3 months every year...within these pages I think you might get inspired to try some off the beaten path activities while you are there in addition to the eating, drinking, snorkeling and dancing in the sand activities:

westcountywestend.com/category/the-west-end/

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: things to do around negril

Take a scooter ride to Blue Hole/Little Bay, Seastar Inn Saturday night show and buffet, visit a school, Just Natural restaurant on Hylton Ave ...nicest people!

Buy some honey from Rough House, head south..enjoy!

8. Re: things to do around negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 29, 2013