We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from The Caves...

South
Level Contributor
67 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from The Caves...

We had our wedding and honeymoon here. If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from The Caves...

did you enjoy?

Oregon, USA
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from The Caves...

Congrats! :)

Does this property have a beach? Or is it adjacent to a beach?

And if you've been to other All-inclusives before, how did this one compare for you?

Thanks so much!

South
Level Contributor
67 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from The Caves...

Hah...I am still trying to sum it all up in words for a review (still in Ameri-shock now that I'm back at home.) It was the most fabulous time!

It was our first time to Jamaica, and looking back, we couldn't have picked a better place on Earth for our wedding. The Jamaican culture mixed with The Caves environment totally fulfilled every dream we had envisioned.

As far as The Caves and how accommodating the staff was...it was really unbelievable. For the wedding, and the duration of the stay...just pure comfort.

South
Level Contributor
67 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from The Caves...

As far as a beach, it is on the cliffs, so no beach with waves, so to speak. There is a public beach adjacent to the property; it has sand and loungers and a bar, etc. but no waterfront beach. You can get in the water by the cliffs, though. I do personally know it has one of the best sunset viewing spots in Negril :)

Never stayed AI...but can't see how this wouldn't reign supreme. Your comfort is their main goal at The Caves. Property is very manicured and beautiful, each cottage has its own Bohemian charm, food is 5*, staff is there simply to cater to you. It couldn't get better!

We are completely in love with it, no question, we're going back.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from The Caves...

fabulous.....the Caves are one of the top if not the best in Negril. Lucky YOU!

South
Level Contributor
67 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from The Caves...

I certainly can see why it's one of the best! :)

West Virginia
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from The Caves...

Jamaicaboundin06,

I'm getting married at The Caves friday...

What did your flowers look like?

Which room did you stay in?

Do you already have your professional pictures back or the disc?

Let me know anything you can think of to help me out!!

I'm getting so excited!!

Thanks!

South
Level Contributor
67 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from The Caves...

LONG post for Crazi...

Congrats! You will have the time of your life :)

My flowers, we had 'reds' so there were red roses and daisies and other native plants I don't know what they are called...but they were really lovely. I was quite pleased with them.

We stayed in the Sea Turtle, it is fabulous. Has a wonderful view of the ocean and an _awesome_ shower. From what I understand, you won't be disappointed with any of them...they are all unique. What room are you guys in?

I got my dvd of the wedding and photos on disc back the day before we left. SunGold photo is who I used, they were just great. Tell them Tracy and Lance said hi :) Damien is who shot our pics, he was so easy to work with...but we met Paula from there and she also was really nice and seemed to be easy to work with, as well. The pictures were great, though. We were a little nervous about them (as all brides are), and they certainly pleased us. I have shown them all day at work! :)

There are different spots for weddings there, they'll let you choose which you prefer. We got married in cave #2 and had the dinner there that evening with family. It was fabulous. Depending on the weather, time of your wedding, sun, etc...you'll make the best decision on that when you're there, I am sure. Eileen will help, she's awesome.

We didn't really do much except eat the wonderful food and we'd go down to cave #2 each day and lay out on the bottom deck. (Since our room was near that side we hung out over there mostly) We snorkled and swam, and went to the market once.

We didn't really make friends, that's just how we wanted it, especially since it was the honeymoon. They have a few books, some dominoes (which we took with us and were glad we did), and a few board games. It's true there's not much to do at night ...as far as entertainment, you gotta make your own. We would lounge around, sit in the hot tub, shower, make a drink, plenty of entertainment for us!

We preferred the solitude The Caves has to offer, I hope you too can appreciate it. There are outdoor showers all over the place, and a nice one down by the cave #2 (and maybe #1 too, didn't go over there much) that has a sunset view. It's super cool. We'd light candles down there at night and go for a night-time shower, it was really nice. (just wait until AFTER the cave dinners are done!) :)

One thing we really enjoyed, we got the honeymoon special and it included a massage. We scheduled it for the day before we left at sunset. They put leave in conditioner for your hair and it just seemed to rinse all the sun and salt-water out and made for a nice conclusion to our week. That night we had our cave dinner scheduled and we really enjoyed that last evening of pampering and relaxing. *then we snuck a shower, of course* :)

Ok, anymore questions, I'd love to answer them for you. I have nothing but positivity to say about The Caves, I am sure you'll have a wonderful wedding and I wish you the best.

West Virginia
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from The Caves...

Thank you so much for the reply! I'm only nervous about carrying my dress on the plane and how my hair will do in the humidity! I'm not nervous about staying at The Caves at all!! I can't wait for our pictures!! Eileen has been great to answer any questions we have had and I'm sure everything will go smoothly!! I believe we are staying in "One Drop"! It looks very nice from the pictures I've seen!! I'm sure they are all nice!! One last question.... how hot was it without air conditioning? Am I going to roast while trying to sleep? Thanks!

South
Level Contributor
67 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from The Caves...

Crazi,

We put my dress in the first class coat closet, that worked out well. The airline (United) was actually very helpful with that, so don't let that worry you. It's your special day, people seem to want to help with that, it's all really very nice.

As for the humidity, I just had my hair in a bun and we sprayed it with Aussie mega spray of some sort (it's the aerosol) and it held up just great. Our wedding was at 5:30 so it was warm, yeah. Miserable? Not at all. We were even in the sunset taking pictures and it was ok. My man was sweating bullets...but of course he was!

I didn't go in any other rooms, but One Drop has an outdoor shower connected to it, so that is super cute. I THINK it has an air conditioner. I could be wrong, but someone that had been there before told me that. But we were not too hot without one, no. We had a fan in the room so we just kept it on at night. One Drop is by the breakfast/lunch area and you have the best access to the pool.

I stressed about enjoying the atmosphere because some people don't enjoy no partying at night, etc. If you don't mind that...you'll enjoy every second of your trip.