We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
So. California
Level Contributor
815 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

I thought that I would start this thread so those fans of BGN can share any info théy find out about what changes are coming to BGN. The one for BRB to Jewel seemed to provided lots of info concerning changes that were taking place. I hope that someone from Couples could post here with any info they feel that they can share. I am sure that there are lots of BGN fans would like to know if they should book trips for after Nov 30.

My questions would be will BGN become part of Couples Negril or a seperate resort? Is there going to be a transition period were what was BGN remain adult only until they change to couples only. Will they keep th c/o beach c/o? Will they honor vouchers from retuning BGN guest? I am sure that there are lots of quetion out there.

Valparaiso, IN.
Level Contributor
174 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
241. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

Hi Rick, I think is time for an update, instend of making the newcomers read through all these pages. can you give us a synopsis of how it is going? Thanks, Curt

the pas manitoba
Level Contributor
1,087 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
242. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

I have been following the chatter (or lack there of) on the impending transition and think the only new "news" is that there is no news! A regular forum member just came back from BGN last week and posted that there was not a hint of talk about the takeover. SImply claimed they just want to be working. I think the only clear message put out is that they will remain separate entities.

Hope to hear more soon though.

So. California
Level Contributor
815 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
243. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

I was hoping that there was more info about the transition, I guess all that we know is that Superclubs is still in talks about buying the governments share of the resort and that it will be until mid December before that is fanilized. That Couples is still in talks with buying the whole resort and that they are going to keep it as a seperate resort and from statements made on the Couples message board they plan on keeping the cove ether clothing optional or maybe au natural. My wife have discussed the situation and are still planning on going back next May, if things don't seem to be working out we might decide on going g to N resort. We hope that we will be back.

Rosedale, Canada
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
244. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

Hi Rick:

Even though we don't have any immediate plans to go back to BGN (going to Cuba in November) we will be sad if the merge/acquistion means that it may be out of our price range for future visits to Negril :(

At least if you and your lovely wife end up going to N Resort, you might be in the company of those trouble makers from Illinois lol! :) :) LL and LL you know we all love ya !

Illinois
Level Contributor
241 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
245. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

Hi Judy,

LOL, you crack me up. Hope you and hubby might join us in May at the N. Have a great time in Cuba (I miss you guys).

Rick,

I hope your voucher works when the takeover happens, but if not we would have a blast at the N. Think about it!!!!

Take care you guys

Miss you!

Rosedale, Canada
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
246. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

LidoLover:

Will be in touch soon. Miss you guys too!

Fingers crossed that we'll all be back to the BGN (or whatever they end up calling it) that we know and love, with some upgrades but the same great beach and staff !

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
978 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
247. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

Lido, hello friend, we too are waiting to see like Rick,, u never know,, we may all end up with u at N!!! Miss and love u!

Illinois
Level Contributor
241 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
248. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

Judy, Looking forward to hearing from you. Still waiting to see pics from your trip to Hondouras.

Sheila_Mike, Love and miss you too! I cannot wait to see what happens to BGN. Once all the plans are in place Al & I will look into it for 2014. I am also going to miss all of the fantastic staff (hope they are kept on once the deals goes through). I have been in touch with some of the staff and they have no idea what is going to happen to their jobs, makes me sad:(

Rosedale, Canada
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
249. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

"Still waiting to see pics from your trip to Hondouras".

LL, I'm so sorry. I need to smarten up and send those. I had forgotten.

Regarding the staff at BGN, I too hope they will be kept on!

At the former Breezes Runaway Bay, I think I read that around 80% of the staff retained their jobs when it became the Jewel. So fingers and toes and everything crossed.

So. California
Level Contributor
815 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
250. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

I just read the latest review for BGN and the poster stated the the deal with Couples fell thru. Has anyone else heard anything about what is going on? I am just about ready to book for next May.