We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

So. California
Level Contributor
823 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

I thought that I would start this thread so those fans of BGN can share any info théy find out about what changes are coming to BGN. The one for BRB to Jewel seemed to provided lots of info concerning changes that were taking place. I hope that someone from Couples could post here with any info they feel that they can share. I am sure that there are lots of BGN fans would like to know if they should book trips for after Nov 30.

My questions would be will BGN become part of Couples Negril or a seperate resort? Is there going to be a transition period were what was BGN remain adult only until they change to couples only. Will they keep th c/o beach c/o? Will they honor vouchers from retuning BGN guest? I am sure that there are lots of quetion out there.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
Save Reply
231. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

I was just being a little snarky. My apologies.

The VBulletin platform that Couples uses, combined with their background/style option doesn't really indicate clearly that a topic is closed. I change the style and use the "vB4 Default Style" when I view it which does show a "Lock" icon in front of closed topics.

Edited: 11:34 am, September 26, 2012
Mission Viejo, CA
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
232. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

A post on the Couples Negril Facebook page says that at the repeaters' dinner on Monday night they were told that the resorts would remain separate. I hope that is true!

YQG
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
233. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/…business4.html

This article appears to relate to the purchase of the government owned portion of BGN by Superclubs and that it should conclude by year end.

How this all fits into the negotiations with Couples is anyone guess.

S.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
467 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
234. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

On the couples message boards Randymon is now a bit more specific:

"All I can say right now is that we are in firm negotiations. Should we be successful, it will be operated as a separate resort. It will not be all au naturel. As some may know there is a very nice cove there for au naturel bathing."

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
235. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

Sounds like they will make what is now the clothing optional all nude. Very interesting.

I love the idea of it being a seperate resort. What is going to be interesting is if they are successful will they close it down for a renovation or will they leave it open and work around guests. Hopefully they will close it down and just the get the renovations done at one time. Although there might not be enough time before high season. Wonder what if they will enlarge the pool.

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
236. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

Blondie, I did not get that from the post:

"It will not be ALL au naturel. As some may know there is a very nice cove there for au naturel bathing."

There had been rumors that it was going to become a au natural resort, and I think he was nipping those rumors in the bud.

As far as clothing optional or au natural, who knows ?

new york
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
237. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

I just can't wait to see what they will do with this property! You know it will be soooo nice once Couples does the renovations! It's such a beautiful peice of property!!!

Illinois
Level Contributor
5,211 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
238. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

I honestly think they will keep in adult's only. Having 2 properties next to each other that are both Couples only, and operated by the same company- imo makes no sense. I know on the message board, Couple's guests are also hoping for it to stay adult only. So single wedding guests will have an option of staying at an adult only property vs a couples only property while attending a wedding at one of the other Couples properties ( stay at Breezes if not a couples, but have access to the other resorts for a wedding you are attending).

I guess, soon we will know !

Edited: 10:47 am, October 08, 2012
Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
239. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

NM, sorry, I did not make my self clear.

I never thought that it would an au naturel resort, I just meant that was answer to all the questions that were coming up as to whether or not they would keep the cove clothing optional or not.

I can't imagine that Couples would ever go with an all "au naturel" resort, the only one of those that I know of is in Bonaire and to be honest I am not sure it is still open. Well there is one outside of Orlando, but I don't think they are all inclusive.......lol.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
4,449 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
240. Re: Unofficial BGN to Couples transition post

NM, the only problem that I see with them leaving BGN as an adult only vs couples only is that they would have to have a completely different marketing plan and different name for that matter. I don't think it would do well to be under the "Couples" banner.

I might be wrong, but I am not sure how that would work.