We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coco La Palm or ? for 6 Women ??

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Coco La Palm or ? for 6 Women ??

I am trying to plan a 50th bday "girls" trip for 6 women for next summer. I have been reading for days on end, & thought I had settled on the 3 bdr suite at CCLP. However, I just stumbled upon a thread where I realized this suite is in the older section next door to the main section, which explains why the photos are so much more dated & blah than the rest of the property.

I know we would have fun regardless, but is there another property or villa we should consider. I love the look of Nirvana's owner's suite (with the extra room added), but there's no pool there & we really like having access to a pool. Any other ideas, that would be in this same price range?

Thanks for your help!

Bev

Edited: 9:14 am, July 24, 2012
Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coco La Palm or ? for 6 Women ??

I'm not sure of your price range, but I believe White Sands has a large suite with a private pool.

Mentioned in this post
White Sands Negril
White Sands Negril
1,005 Reviews
Jamaica
Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
890 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coco La Palm or ? for 6 Women ??

If you might like the Cliffs area, check out Villas Sur Mer (villassurmer.com)

Huge area around the pool and wonderful cliff views....

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,501 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Coco La Palm or ? for 6 Women ??

You could also check out Negril Treehouse Resort, Beachcomber Resort and Rondel (although the pool at Rondel is quite small)

Mentioned in this post
Negril Treehouse
Negril Treehouse
74 Reviews
Jamaica
Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coco La Palm or ? for 6 Women ??

Thanks for the ideas! I personally love the cliffs, & hope to stay there soon with my hubby, but I think the girls would prefer the beach & being able to walk to bars & restaurants. Getting a taxi for 6 people every time we wanted to go to beach or dinner could be troublesome.

Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
84 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coco La Palm or ? for 6 Women ??

Bev -

Three of us ladies stayed at Coco LaPalm back in June. I also booked the three bedroom suite but CCLP moved us to the "Coco Suite" which had two bedrooms in a separate suite downstairs (Rms 532 & 536) and the honeymoon suite upstairs (I stayed upstairs by myself). We really like the beach area and the 2 pools and 1 hot jacuzzi pool of Coco LaPalm.. CCLP is within walking distances to bars and restaurants and we could easily catch cabs to shopping or Rick's Cafe.

Either contact Coco directly or talk to OneStop Vacations about getting three rooms for 2 ladies each for discount and continental breakfast included. I think Coco has the best beach property (very large with sun and shade for all) and the folks who work there are very friendly and look out for ladies in a group by themselves.

Mentioned in this post
Rick's Cafe
Rick's Cafe
4,495 Reviews
Jamaica
Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coco La Palm or ? for 6 Women ??

Did they move you because they knew you'd like the newer side better? I'll take a look at photos of the Coco Suite. Thanks for the info!

Dayton, OH
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Coco La Palm or ? for 6 Women ??

Just got back from CCLP. Rondel and Beachbomber were completely empty, and didn't have as nice of a beachfront as CCLP.

I traveled with two other girlfriends, we stayed in a junior suite and it was perfect. OneStop Negril will be able to help you, and theyll make sure you get what you need. In terms of a taxi and traveling together, it's no problem--there are plenty of taxi's right along the road... find a couple that are reliable and use their phone numbers to arrange rides. We used the same driver the entire time and it worked out great.

We loved our trip and CCLP was worth every penny-- can't go wrong! Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Livonia, Michigan
Level Contributor
84 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coco La Palm or ? for 6 Women ??

We were moved because it was "slow" season and they closed that part of the resort. At first I was dissapointed that all three of us wouln't be in the same suite. But CCLP did it right.. It all worked out for the best.. those rooms have patios, they were wonderful to sit out on in the early morning and afternoon. The AC worked great (it got so cold in my room that I actually had to turn down the AC!) The ground floor room had one problem, the shower didn't drain well the first night, probably due to lots of sand in the drain, mantenance came along with the maids during cleanup and fixed the problem. The honeymoon suite upstairs has one king size bed. Two gals could share that bed if they feel that comfortable with each other.

Lexington, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coco La Palm or ? for 6 Women ??

Thanks everyone! My husband & I just got back from The Jewel Dunn's River, & we just loved Jamaica. Next time we go back as I couple I think I want to book Tensing Pen. It just really calls to me. But for the girls it's beach/pool time. I hope I can get everyone on board with this plan...

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa, Ocho Rios,Curio Collection by Hilton
Jewel Dunn's River Beach...
6,269 Reviews
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Tensing Pen Resort
Tensing Pen Resort
980 Reviews
Jamaica
Camrose, Canada
Level Contributor
2,986 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coco La Palm or ? for 6 Women ??

I don't know if you've decided for sure on Coco - I was just on White Sands site, and that is a 4 bedroom villa I was thinking about. It has a small private pool as well. Sounds like fun for 6 "girls" unless you'd prefer to hang out at a public hotel pool. It is across the road from the beach, but they say only a couple of minutes from the waters edge. Summer price is only about $300 a night. I hear they have great 2 for 1 daily drink specials.

Mentioned in this post
White Sands Negril
White Sands Negril
1,005 Reviews
Jamaica