We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Fatfish

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Question for Fatfish

I spoke with you a couple of weeks ago about White Sands. I'm the one that will be staying at Rondel Village with a girlfriend 4/26-5/3. I noticed you will be there 5/2 cool. Any wat I thought maybe you could help me since I cant get an answer from the Negril Message board. I have been trying to post there for weeks, but it says I have an invalid password. I am asuming Obrian has to send me one. Is this correct? If not how to I get one? And if its so then why wont they answer me when I have requested one about 4 times. Any help would be appreciated, since I am needing to add my 2 cents.

Thanks

MARYLAND
Level Contributor
538 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Fatfish

Seems there is a problem and I would just register with a new handle..hope this helps.

MARYLAND
Level Contributor
538 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Fatfish

Forgot...You will need to clear your cookies for negril.com before you can set up a new profile.

WIsconsin
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Fatfish

I will be at Rondel Village also 4/26-5/3 with my daughter. Sounds like you know the area well and have been to Negril a lot. I have been there 1 other time with my husband about 10 years ago. I must say I'm a little scared going alone with my 18 yr. old daughter. I was never worried with my husband because he is a big guy. I'm starting to feel the presure of keeping her safe. I know so much has changed since I was last there. If you don't mind I would love any advice you may have, like best food, drinks, and maybe even meet up for a drink when at Rondels. We are from Oconomowoc. Where are you from?

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Question for Fatfish

I am from Beloit, right on the stateline with IL. I took my two sons last year to Rondel alone, ages 18 and 14. I had no problems at all. You will love Rondel, perfect location on the beach, within walking distance to every thing. Yes anytime for a drink would be fine. I am going with a friend this year and I am sure it will be one of many drinks. Ask me anything and if I can I will be more than happy to help.

ASD
Winfield, IL
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Question for Fatfish

Agebu1970~

My family of 5 and 3 of the kid's friends are staying at Rondel Village 6/8-6/15. From the information I have gotten there is not any shade on the beach. Is there any around the beachside pool? Also, are there and lounge chairs around the pool? My little guy is 3 and I get a bit worried about just too mych sun for him. I did buy portable umbrellas at Costco for the beach. They just aren't very big. Now the big question is how do I get them to Negril. We are going to leave them at Rondel. Also, are there any volleyball nets along the beach? My older kids (19, 16, 14) love to play. They say that's how they get tan. I would rather drink beer and lay in the sun but to each is own.. :) All and any help is great!

Thanks

ASD~

ASD
Winfield, IL
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Question for Fatfish

sorry...family of 6 and 3 friends...9 total

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Question for Fatfish

No there is'nt much shade at Rondel near the water, but a very short distance you can find shade. I remember a tree that a couple sat under alot, its just getting that spot before someone else is the problem. Your teenagers will find volleyball along the beach. Dont worry there is plenty for them to do.

WIsconsin
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Question for Fatfish

Are you flying out of Ohare at 6:45 on the 26th? Do you know if the Jungle club is as noisy as some have said? We are staying on the garden side and read on this site it is so noisy from that club all night. Who has the best drinks for the money and food on the beach. Is Rondels food good? Do they have loungers and towels? How do you carry your money around when on the beach, walking and swimming? Thanks

Saginaw, Michigan
Level Contributor
182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Question for Fatfish

I was there in FEB. for 10 days and our direct neighbors seemed to always get that shady spot even though they weren't anywhere near the first people to the beach. I assumed but never did ask, that maybe they were tipping the security well,(who will drag your chair to the beach for you every day) for that particulat spot. They were there for 3 weeks and are regulars to Rondel so they know the ropes.

The food was very good at Irie Restaurant at Rondel, we ended up eating there more than we thought we would. A little pricier than grabbing a patty or something ,but good food. Also check out the Boat Bar next door, I didn't know they served food (went there for late night Stripes mostly) until we got home, but have read it is pretty darn good.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
87 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Question for Fatfish

Yes, we are flying out of Chicago at 6:45 on the 26th. When I was there last year the Jungle was closed for renovations, so no noise. I'm sure it is quite loud though as it is right next door. You have to bring your own beach towels but they do have loungers. Their food is pretty good, some dishes better than others. There are many drink special on the beach. I like to bring my own plus make a trip to the store for anything I may need for the fridge. I also pack a colapsable cooler for the beach. Rondel is very good with providing ice for it.