We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bella Donna, anyone been?

Whitefish Bay...
Level Contributor
178 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Bella Donna, anyone been?

Has anyone eaten at Bella Donna in negril? My wedding planner has suggested having a dinner there with all my guests, and I am curious as how the food was, the setting, the view, the price, and any other comments!

Thanks

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bella Donna, anyone been?

Yes, but it was in 1999 so is probably not relevant now! We used to go past it quite a bit when we stayed at Summerset Village & Devine Destiny in the 90s. They used to do buffets and have a decent live music show but I've no idea if this still the case.

I'm sure someone with a bit more current knowledge will confirm.

Edited: 11:20 am, January 18, 2012
Mayville, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bella Donna, anyone been?

Have only stopped there for pizza, which was very good. But, to be honest the place is "very" rustic ~ can't understand why your wedding planner would even suggest it.

Whitefish Bay...
Level Contributor
178 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bella Donna, anyone been?

this is just for a casual dinner, our actual wedding & dinner is at Charela In. I dont know if they are friends, just curious if anyone been. Bella Donna said she could setup a jerk chicken buffet for us, which would be nice.

Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
8,165 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bella Donna, anyone been?

If it was me, I wouldn't go to any unknown place for a special group dinner. I opt for a more well-known place like Rockhouse, Xtabi, Kuyaba, Seastar, Cosmos, Hugry Lion, LTU, etc... etc...

If you've been to a smaller place and are comfortable going there, then that's fine. Otherwise, it's a bit of a crap shoot IMHO.

Calgary
Level Contributor
2,001 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bella Donna, anyone been?

She is a super nice lady (met her a few years ago) and have not heard anything bad.....I think would be a nice experience for everyone going for your wedding to try a smaller, locals restaurant.

There is always Sips N Bites (no alcohol served and closed on Saturdays I belive) or Chicken Lavish that would be great local food.

Seastar is a great suggestion as the customer service is amazing and a really nice environment.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bella Donna, anyone been?

What day of the week does it fall on? If it is Saturday you should take them to Seastar as you can take in their show as well.

LTU would be great to take in the sunset right on the water.

Whitefish Bay...
Level Contributor
178 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bella Donna, anyone been?

Saturday, I want people to get out of their element and go to a really good local place. I dont want a fancy place, hence our wedding will be a plated 5 course meal. I want to them to try something they normally wouldnt. I am going to look into LTU and 3 dives as well.

And big thing is budget on this too that is why :Rockhouse, Xtabi, Kuyaba, Seastar are not really on option.

Thanks for all advice!

Negril, Jamaica
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bella Donna, anyone been?

Bella Donna’s could offer you clients’ exclusivity ain a very authentic Jamaican setting

If you really want something different IMHO Bella would go over board to please for a deal hard to match

I suggest you call her and speak to her, Here is her # 298 4028

She would (more than all the above mentioned) appreciate the business

Bella has access to over a dozen wedding planners trained by the University the West Indies who would volunteer to ensure that this diner be a success

Bella has also a live reggae band that she could throw in

Bella has access also to free shuttle (the iconic One Love Bus) service for you guests

9. Re: Bella Donna, anyone been?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, December 15, 2013