We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help With Resorts Please

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
638 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Help With Resorts Please

Our family (all adults ages 22-60) is planning a vacation for next January. We are looking for a nice AI resort with good food, plenty of drinks and a nice pool and decent beach location. Does anyone have any recommendations? We have a moderate budget and would like to be able to go somewhere for around $1200 per person (including airfare)for 5-7 nights.

Any help is appreciated since this will be our first time to Negril.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help With Resorts Please

how many in the group?

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
638 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help With Resorts Please

10-12 people in our group.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help With Resorts Please

Check out Nirvana on the beach. They have 2 and 3 bedroom cottages and I hear that they are awesome. One of the top rated hotels and they are not that expensive. Check out negrilonestop.com and you can look at some of the smaller locally owned hotels.

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help With Resorts Please

check out this link.

http://www.negrilonestop.com/netscapenew.html

MARYLAND
Level Contributor
538 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help With Resorts Please

Nirvana's property is awesome but I wouldn't call the cottages awesome and it's not AI..jmo

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Help With Resorts Please

brooklyn24,

Nirvana isn't an AI but is a good place to stay (one of many I've tried).

If you are looking for a good AI with good beach location try Merril's I, II or III. The info is on the site posted above. Also Negril Gardens (stayed there last year) is really good and in the same vicinity but a little more pricey as it's owned by Sandals. They have their own web site (do a Google) but is also offered by a few travel companies.

There are reviews of these resorts on the tripadvisor web site.

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help With Resorts Please

Check out Riu's on bloody bay or Negril Gardens or any of the Merrills on 7 mile beach

Indiana
Level Contributor
961 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help With Resorts Please

Please check out www.pointvillage.com and www.airjamaica.com....can book air and hotel with all on Air Jamaica....for the amount of nights you are looking for you can go all inclusive (everything included, food, drink, watersports, room, air, etc.) for around $800.00 pp double occupancy!

Negril
Level Contributor
195 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help With Resorts Please

If your budget allows, and they have availability, try Moondance Villas. They have a four and five bedroom house on the beach. The houses are huge and each room has a balcony and big screen TV. It is not AI, but they only charge you for groceries(very reasonable) and cook for you. I have found if you have enough in your party, you can stay there for about the same or less than the best AI. Respect