We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need comparison of cliffs vs beach resorts

Providenciales
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Topic
Need comparison of cliffs vs beach resorts

We have been to Negril twice however have stayed at an AI and on the directly on the beach.

We like to get off the resort so the AI may not be suited for us. Can get very expensive when you eat and drink away from the resort you already paid for!!

I would appreciate feedback on why you choose a resort on the cliff vs the beach. I love the beach and am having a hard time believing the cliffs would be nicer however I know they are very popular so if you can sell me on it we will be on our way!! Thinking of doing 5 and 5 cliff/beach.

Also, where would you recommend???

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,756 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Need comparison of cliffs vs beach resorts

Doglover - I think Idle awhiles beach is larger than CC. It just depends what you are looking for. IA is a larger property that appears a bit more upscale, but CC it cute with it's individual bungalows and loads of charm. I don't think you woul make a bad decision with either. And I'm a huge Rockhouse fan, need no convincing on that one.!

michigan
Level Contributor
853 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Need comparison of cliffs vs beach resorts

obayb-thank you for the input. i am leaning more towards ia because of the beach. definitely don't want to do ai.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
302 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Need comparison of cliffs vs beach resorts

Doglover

We are planning the same trip next year!! 7 days at Rockhouse and 7 days at Idle Awhile.

Already planning and just got back recently.

We have done the AI trips and not my thing. They are great however when I priced out these two resorts with food and daytrips seems to be much less.

Idle Awhile is owned by the sister of the owner of the Couples resorts so if they are the same in any way I don't think you could go wrong. We stayed at Swept Away and loved it.

Have a great trip