We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Firefly recommendation?

Idaho
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Firefly recommendation?

We are considering staying at Firefly in Negril for the clothing optional beach. It seems like their prices are a little high for the quality of the rooms and that you are paying for the privilege of a CO beach. We are also conserned that there will be people walking by all the time gawking as the beach is not really "private". Are their rooms worth the price or should we find a different place (recommendations please) and forget about the CO beach this time. Also, does anyone know how the beaches are since the hurricanes last fall? Should we consider staying on the cliffs? We are leaving in 3 weeks and any info would be great so I can get a place booked:)

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Firefly recommendation?

I just want to add a question to your post....If we are staying at sandals negril can we go to the firefly part of the beach and go au natural or is considered private???

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Firefly recommendation?

Hi:

We've stayed at Firefly many times. It is a great place.. but their prices have gone up a lot in the past few years.

This last trip, we stayed at White Sands and used the beach at Firefly. The Firefly bar is great. As long as you are purchasing at the bar, they are fine with folks using their beach.

At times, there is gawking.. you are in full view of the public beach.. but if a good amount of folks are on the beach sunning, it's not that big a deal. Especially after a few hours in the sun, it's just getting up the nerve at first.

- raider

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Firefly recommendation?

Hi:

We've stayed at Firefly many times. It is a great place.. but their prices have gone up a lot in the past few years.

This last trip, we stayed at White Sands and used the beach at Firefly. The Firefly bar is great. As long as you are purchasing at the bar, they are fine with folks using their beach.

At times, there is gawking.. you are in full view of the public beach.. but if a good amount of folks are on the beach sunning, it's not that big a deal. Especially after a few hours in the sun, it's just getting up the nerve at first.

- raider

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Firefly recommendation?

RE: Firefly - It is a very small area right in the middle of the beach, and yes it is my opinion that people will be walking by all day with "oh those people are naked" comment. There is a place on the cliffs au natural called "Rocalta" you might want to research that, I'm sure it would be more private or better yet if H2 is out of your price range, buy a day and/or night pass once or twice a week. That is theee place for au natural. Grand Lido also has an a/n beach if you it's in your price range and don't care for H2

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Firefly recommendation?

I've stayed there in the past. As obayb says the beach area is small, as is the property, and you really don't have any privacy from those walking by. It all depends on your comfort level. The rooms in the main building towards the beach are quite nice.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Firefly recommendation?

P.S. If you are leaving in 3 weeks you may be hardpressed to find any accommodations if you aren't already booked.

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Firefly recommendation?

Consider Point Village? They have a c/o beach that is private---well almost. It adjoins Hedo II nude beach. Very reasonable all inclusive resort. We will be there in 6 days. Will give a report when we return.

Idaho
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Firefly recommendation?

So if you stay at Point Village you can use Hedo2 beach, or you just stay as close as possible to their beach on the Point Village side or what???

Milwaukee, WI.
Level Contributor
3,148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Firefly recommendation?

There is a fence separating the two properties. I suppose you could walk around it but there are guards on the beach to keep outsiders out.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Level Contributor
357 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Firefly recommendation?

Raider how close is WS to Firefly. WE are staying at the WS for sure but I would like to spend some time at the Firefly beach.