We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ohliz...a blue cave castle question

Mississippi
Level Contributor
466 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Ohliz...a blue cave castle question

Did I read somewhere that BCC has a community kitchen? I really need a blender for my foo-foo drinks but we'll only be in a room with a blender for one night. The rest of the nights we'll be in a non-blender room. Those frozen drinks get $$$$$. I may have been reading about some other hotel with a community kitchen, though. There's no mention of it on BCC website. Someone mentioned bringing a blender. I'm just wondering if that's going to be too bulky or if I'll even be allowed to pack a blender. Thanks! Oh, will we have good restaurant choices up on the cliffs? Or are the good ones on the beach? We def want to try the Thai and the Jus Natural rest.'s (we are vegetarians)

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,415 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ohliz...a blue cave castle question

You can bring your own blender and if it is important tot you I would do it - even if BCC's communal kitchen is open it may not have a blender.

Plenty of great restaurants near BCC in both directions. Just Natural, 3 Dives, Hungry Lion, LTU....and a million little ones in between.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ohliz...a blue cave castle question

You'll love the castle. Also, in addition to the other restaurants mentioned, try Royal Kitchen a short distance from BCC across the road for vegetarian food. I always buy rum and various juices to make my own drinks, but just with ice. Rum and Ting (grapefruit soda) is also a great drink. If you decide to bring a blender, try to find one of the small models that make one mug at a time - won't take up as much room in your suitcase. Take it out of the box so it won't be mistaken for a gift.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
466 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ohliz...a blue cave castle question

So, BCC DOES have a communal kitchen? What does this mean? Thanks for the info on bringing the blender. I might just skip the frozen part and drink rum and different juices over ice like you said. And I'm glad to know there are great restaurants around the BCC. WE CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THEM OUT! Is there a liquer (sp) store in town or on the cliffs? Oh, where am I going to store my ice? The communal kitchen, maybe? I really do worry about things too much.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,415 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ohliz...a blue cave castle question

It did, but I haven't stayed there receently.

I'd ask at Miyard.com's b board, a bunch of people jsut came back from BCC and can probably tell you what's up right now.

Or email the manager of BCC, Petrona, she is online and does answer email.