We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rain Rain Go Away

Michigan
Level Contributor
1,733 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Rain Rain Go Away

Forecasting rain all next week while we're there :( But just chatted on realnegril.com and they according to weather, it's supposed to be raining now, but it's not. Keeping my fingers crossed.

suz
Derby, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,683 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rain Rain Go Away

I wouldn't trust the forecast at all - If I can come back in my next life as a weatherman, I would be a happy person - it's the only job in which you can be wrong 90% of the time and still make good money!

I just spoke to a friend in Negril this am - he said it was a gorgeous day outside.

Bloomfield N.Y.
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Rain Rain Go Away

Check out this site. It's weather underground, I like this forecast better. My wife and I will be in negril on wedensday. Hope it is SUNNY!!!

Bloomfield N.Y.
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rain Rain Go Away

Oops! here's the site

wunderground.com/global/stations/78387.html

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
557 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Rain Rain Go Away

Internet forecasts for Jamaica always seems to be rain.....but the reality is sunshine. I don't even check the weather forecast before I go anymore.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rain Rain Go Away

NYBulldog

If we could get the forecast from your site with the weather channels temperatures it would be perfect! See you in three more days. Scott

So. Wisconsin
Level Contributor
665 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rain Rain Go Away

Agree, just plan on hot and sunny!

Rains are usually brief and probably needed, and don't really interupt plans!

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
2,581 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rain Rain Go Away

Did I read that correctly djntam? Rains are usually brief ….and don't really interrupt plans! How about rain that blocks roads for weeks, sweeps away homes? Talk to a few Jamaicans about heavy rain and floods on your next visit. Also see:

jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/20051212t21000…

jamaicaobserver.com/news/html/20060110t22000…

Sounds like you have only experienced the better weather. Give thanks!

Indiana
Level Contributor
961 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Rain Rain Go Away

Talked with a friend from Negril.....has been rainy in the afternoon....sunny in the morning...a cold front coming in....gee- low 80's did I say coldfront? It's always lovely-no matter what....leaving soon too and have never had rain that just went on and on....I do understand the post about the mudslides and flooded roads, but they are not getting that kind of rain right now, 30% chance every afternoon for about 10 days worth, but no problem mon!

So. Wisconsin
Level Contributor
665 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rain Rain Go Away

Hello JAsoldier,

Yes, I am fully aware of the rains that flood and cause damage to many parts of Jamaica. I try to read up on JA affairs on a very regular basis, as we have friends there.

However, my reply was to a traveler who was concerned about weather for their trip, they did not ask for a lesson on Jamaican weather and its impact.

And as for your statement - "Sounds like you have only experienced the better weather. Give thanks!" ... In Jamaica, Yes, but we live in a very active tornado area, and not that many years ago several of our buildings and nearly our home was destroyed by an unexpected tornado.

Best to All!

Altadena, CA
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Rain Rain Go Away

Hi can you still go and scuba dive and snorkel and get a tan and fish and stuff