We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental in Negril?

Guttenberg, New...
Level Contributor
116 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental in Negril?

Are there good car rental places in Negril? Or no such luck, we'll have to do it from Mo'bay when we fly in?

nashville
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Car rental in Negril?

Hi,

My name is Sophia and my family and I going to the Riu Negril this fall, would you think that renting a car to drive from the airport to the resort is a safe and easy thing to do. we have been to a lot of islands and have always rented a car, so My husband is thinking about doing the same here and also to be able to see the rest of the island. I am not so sure about that since I hear the airport is very far from the resort and do not know how safe it is to drive there. "We still have till 8/24/2012 to purchase the round trip ride from our agent" your comment would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Sophia

Guttenberg, New...
Level Contributor
116 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Car rental in Negril?

Don't really need to rent, the resorts have a paid luxury bus shuttle to and from the airport. Also we hired a very honest local and he used to drive us arou d everyday.

Guttenberg, New...
Level Contributor
116 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Car rental in Negril?

Don't really need to rent, the resorts have a paid luxury bus shuttle to and from the airport. Also we hired a very honest local and he used to drive us arou d everyday.

So basically we used the Resort shuttle to and fro and then the services or a committed taxi everyday. Btw, we stayed right next door in the jewels

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Car rental in Negril?

I agree that driving is a great way to see the whole island. We have rented numerous times and pretty much covered the whole island. you have to watch for potholes and the narrow mountain roads are "exciting", but it was always a great time. Driving on the left comes pretty naturally quickly , but MAKE SURE you get a right hand drive vehicle.

Yes, Efay is cheap, but there is a reason. Their cars tend to have defects(poor tires, and once we got a van with a blown clutch. Also once stopped on a spot check by police and there was no registration in the car. It took most of an afternoon phoning and faxing to get them to fax it to the police station. I guess you get what you pay for.Given a dependable car, however, I would not hesitate to tour the island by driving again.

25. Re: Car rental in Negril?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 07, 2014