We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the weather like in July??

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
windsor ont
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
What is the weather like in July??

Is there alot rainfall in Jamaica at the end of June, beginning of July?? Humidity?? Bugs???

United States
Level Contributor
11,259 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the weather like in July??

June and July are the early part of rainy season in Jamaica. Expect many days with rain, it will be hot and humid. Rain is most likley in the late afternoon and early evening.There is also a small chance of a hurricane. Rainy season continues until October.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the weather like in July??

Been to jamaica 5 times 4 out of 5 were in the months of june and july. Its very very hot just the way i like it. On one visit it pored rain from the airport to negril 1 1/2 straight never saw another drop the hole week while we were there. Other visits maybe 1/2 hour down pore in the afternoon then it clears and is beutifull. I love that time of the year from what i heard it's very busy in the spring and winter and the summer seems quieter. We will bee at Coco la palm in july this year. Where you staying?

HTH Jane.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the weather like in July??

Went for 9 days in July for our honeymoon. It rained everyday for about a half-hour in the afternoon (naptime). One night, there was the most beautiful thunderstorm raging while we had a romantic dinner. Quite the experience!

Seattle
Level Contributor
42,685 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the weather like in July??

I was there last year 8-18 of July. It was very hot and HUMID. I don't mind it myself but it was too much for some of the other people in my group (they usually visit in wintertime). It poured rain just a couple times... monsoon style for an hour or two. And one night there was an incredible lighting storm around midnight.

Mostly the days were beautiful... sunny and clear.

The only bugs I noticed were flying ones (moths etc) attracted to lights at night if my room doors were open, no biting ones.

baltimore
Level Contributor
371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the weather like in July??

Been traveling to Jamacia for the last 8 years in july...it very hot...day and nite...I also go in Nov...the weather is perfect...you can wear jeans at nite.

July it rains everyday some times for a breif moment then its back to the sun...no worries.

baltimore
Level Contributor
371 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the weather like in July??

Been traveling to Jamacia for the last 8 years in july...it very hot...day and nite...I also go in Nov...the weather is perfect...you can wear jeans at nite.

July it rains everyday some times for a breif moment then its back to the sun...no worries.

Des Moines, Iowa
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the weather like in July??

The thing to remember about weather in Jamaica is that unless you are caught in a hurricane or a tropical storm/depression, the chance of entire days being rained out ALLLLL day is pretty slim.

Through most of the year, rainy season or not, rain rolls in midday/afternoon but rolls back out again. So its not like outdoor activities are ruined by an entire day of rain.

As some previous posts stated, rainstorms there are beautiful so enjoy them!!!! :)

Edited: 10:18 am, March 17, 2011
windsor ont
Level Contributor
25 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the weather like in July??

thank you so much!! I don't mind some rain, but indeed I was worried about an all day wash out. Looks like Negril is up for consideration......

9. Re: What is the weather like in July??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, October 20, 2012