We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

website for Negril weather?

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
137 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
website for Negril weather?

Could someone give me a website with the accurate Negril weather? The Negril today website gives 3 different websites and all three are very different in results. CNN is 10 degrees higher in temperature everyday. One of the websites calls for rain a couple days, however, the other two do not!! Leaving Sunday and nervous! The weather isn't looking too good. I was hoping it would be warmer and not as windy... Thanks!

Minnesota
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: website for Negril weather?

Collen you are from the Midwest like I am. Don���t worry you are going to Jamaica it will be warm.... expect mid 70's- mid 80's. If it rains it usually rains only for a few hours at most.... So relax your going to Jamaica. I will be there in less then 2 weeks... Today where I live I am going to get around 4-8 inches or more of snow...

Don���t worry have fun....

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
9,722 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: website for Negril weather?

Hello Colleenmarie,

Please go and stay in Negril and be our on the spot weather lady. OK! Unfortunately, all the weather reports differ. But, guess what! The island is going to be there. The spicy food will give you a kick and is an aphrodisiac. The local beer is Red Stripe and the rum is Appleton. The music is called reggae and the people are IRIE. Not a bad place to share a few rain drops with. Especially knowing that the islands agrecultural crops depend on it. The wind you can also live with, as it will bring the smell of the warm sea air or if the breese is comming down from the mountains then you can smell the ganja.

ENJOY!

P.S. Please try, http://www.accuweather.com/

Caribbean
Level Contributor
399 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: website for Negril weather?

Also wunderground.com/global/stations/78387.html

No worries...you'll have a great time. Even if it rains, it won't last over 20 minutes (not that I can predict the weather or anything but that has been my experience)

Jamaica - No Problem!!!

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
137 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: website for Negril weather?

Thanks guys. I know we will have fun. We have been to Jamaica before and LOVE it. This time we are staying on the cliffs at a hotel that isn't all-inclusive for half of our trip to travel around and see the real Jamaica so even if the weather isn't really hot that will work. The only thing I am nervous about is packing. I already packed and my suitcase is full of tank tops, shorts and bathing suits. I didn't pack any long sleeve shirts or jackets (didn't really want to).

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
9,722 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: website for Negril weather?

Hello Coleenmarie,

The clothes you have packed are fine. No Problem there.

You may need a sweater only if you are going to someplace where they have a powerfull airconditioning system. It always drives me crazy. Please tell me if you need any hints on places to see and things to do outside the Cliffs area. BTW, there are some really nice eating places along there. 3dives being the in spot.

PLACES TO EAT IN THE CLIFF AREA

http://www.jamaicans.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=005598