We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU - Negril

Florida
7 posts
Save Topic
RIU - Negril

Hi! My bofriend and I are traveling to Jamaica in May and we're staying at RIU Negril. We'll be there for 4n/5d. I've seen many of the postings with things to see and do in and around Negril. Are there any off-beaten waterfalls or adventures that haven't been taken over by the tourists. This is my first trip to the Caribbean and I would like to do all I can while there. I'm really looking forward to visiting the Office of Nature and spending time with the locals. I've also done research on snorkeling and diving in the area. Also, if anyone could provide any information on the RIU Negril resort such as staff, rooms, food, entertainment, activities, etc. Thanks!

Mississauga
Level Contributor
104 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU - Negril

Hi Jamaina Bound. Great choice. Check out my review of this Hotel (Oct 25/05). My wife and I went there for our Honeymoon.

Florida
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU - Negril

Thanks for posting. I'm glad you had such a great time there, hope we'll have the same experience. Looking forward to a great atmosphere and even better food.

So. Wisconsin
Level Contributor
665 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU - Negril

You'll like the Office of Nature, consider a trip to Benji's Paradise near Roaring River, we loved it there. And even though Benji's not there for awhile, have heard him say his son does a very good job of carrying on the tradition.

Have also read many good things about Mayfield and YS falls, both are less touristy than Dunns River, which we did enjoy when we went, but we enjoy any time in JA.

AS for Riu, it is quite big, but the beach there is pretty nice. We do suggest though visiting the big beach and spending plenty of time wandering up and down.

Florida
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU - Negril

thanks for the advice. i can't wait to step on the beach! i checked out benji's website and it looks like a great place to visit.