We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking About Beaches, Sandy Bay in July....

Far From Nutjobs
Level Contributor
892 posts
Save Topic
Thinking About Beaches, Sandy Bay in July....

From the pics I've seen, the pool doesn't look that great but the reviews seem great. From those, who have been, would you still recommend this resort? I understand we could still use the facilities at Beaches, Negril, but it seems like such a hassle to pack up to head there any day...

Feedback would be very helpful here.

Thanks!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
195 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking About Beaches, Sandy Bay in July....

Haven't been to Sandy Bay having just returned from Beaches Negril I'd say if you can afford it stay at BN. I couldn't imagine having to live out of my beach bag for a day due to visiting another resort. What a pain - it's nice to be able to go up to your room and change for lunch, or lie down when you've had too much sun in the A/C. Maybe I'm just getting old but I think it'd be too much of a hassle for me. Beaches Negril was awesome - my kids met tonnes of new friends and it was nice to just let them roam and then meet up with them at our room to get ready for dinner. If you can afford the difference bite the bullet and book BN - you'll be glad you did.

Chicago
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking About Beaches, Sandy Bay in July....

Do you have kids? If you have kids I would say stay at BN. It is one thing to lug you and yourself around and another to lug kids around. Also, if they are little the nursery at BSB is a converted room and is not really nice and you can't use the nursery at BN. I have stayed at both and will would recommend BN.

Level Contributor
241 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking About Beaches, Sandy Bay in July....

If you are a pool person stay an BN - they have 2 small pools at sandy bay - one is always filled with kids - the other smaller one is always empty- I prefer that warm sea so the pools didn't bother me. Be aware at both resorts pools close around 5ish for dinner.

wisconsin
Level Contributor
335 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thinking About Beaches, Sandy Bay in July....

we will returning to BSB in feb,third time .if you do not have kids nice small quiet .never found to many kids in the pool. beaches is close shuttle runs all day and the walk on the beach can be very relaxing but really great if you do have kids also maybe not for public notice also have been able to visit sandals which again is a nice walk and great way to experience more of the beach and people .either way it will bee great