We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drumville Cove property

Level Contributor
51 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Drumville Cove property

Do any of you Negril oldtimers have any gossip regarding the old Drumville Cove property? It was severely damaged by a hurricane (forget which one-Ivan, I think) and never reopened. The last time I walked by, it was closed and surrounded by a high fence. It was a very cool place in its day (stayed there twice), with a great cliff location-hard to believe it hasn't reopened or been sold.

Level Contributor
1,857 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Drumville Cove property

i wish i could tell you more but all i have heard is that it has been sold.

i loved this place, they took us in during Gilbert and gave everyone who would fit in there, a safe dry place to ride out the storm, even gave us all nice fresh towels and free hot showers.... then provided free snacks and candles for everyone to stay up all night playing dominoes and cards, until the storm abated. that was my first trip to JA and the Drumville Cove people gave me a forever-favorable impression....

Edited: 1:43 pm, January 20, 2011
Level Contributor
32 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drumville Cove property

I think it was sold prior to 2009 to private interests.

3. Re: Drumville Cove property

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 23, 2012