We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spring break in bloody bay

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mpls, mn
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Topic
spring break in bloody bay

We are going to be at the Riu-TB and were wondering if there are many spring breakers in Bloody Bay. We know that the hotels in that bay tend to be more higher priced so that may discourage them from staying there. We don't mind going to 7 mile to party with them a day or two but would like to go back to our quiet beach too. Any info would help, thanks!

Also, is it really crowded on 7 mile, like Daytona crowded?!

Oak Hill, VA
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: spring break in bloody bay

Can't answer your question, but I have a follow up: When are the majority of spring breakers in Negril??

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
426 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spring break in bloody bay

There are lots of spring breakers down in Negril March 18-April 1st then again before Eater. Margaritaville, as well as other area entertainment venues offer a PARTY PASS, for a fee you can get a pass with unlimited access to each property and some drinks are included in the price. If you need additional information let me know. My boyfriend is in charge of Margaritaville promotion so I can get all the info you need!

Dublin, Ohio
Level Contributor
325 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spring break in bloody bay

I'm sure it's crowded, but not like Daytona crowded. I can't ever imagine Negril getting to the level that spring break did in Daytona.

But since I've not experienced it before, maybe I shouldn't be talking. Someone correct me if I'm wrong,

Peter

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spring break in bloody bay

Greetings to you.

This will help put it into perspective:

Bloody Bay is about 2.5 miles long, there are only 5 resorts in all on Bloody Bay.

7 Mile ( which is actually called Long Bay ) is about 4.5 miles long and there are about 60 resorts on it. Granted many of these are smaller resorts, but these tend to be the most popular with the spring breakers, so of course Bloody Bay is MUCH quieter (especially concerning spring breakers) than Long Bay.

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

prince albert
Level Contributor
439 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: spring break in bloody bay

I've been trying to figure out when the peak of spring Break is as well. I have noticed several sites advertising the daily specials and parties they are having but none actually show any dates. Do these events go on for several weeks or just a few or is there 1 week that is the main one? Just curious as I wonder how crazy its going to be. We are going Feb 19 - Mar 2.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
426 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: spring break in bloody bay

Spring Break Parties usually run a few weeks throught the month of March and April - the busiest time is in March since that is when the college students are off. The last week in Feb. and beginning of March are not that busy.

mpls, mn
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: spring break in bloody bay

Thank you all for your posts and information, especially you Steve!!

ontario canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: spring break in bloody bay

Bloody Bay is only about 5 -10 city blocks big. it is really a cove. with 4 or 5 resorts and alot of scrub land inbetween rui tb and riu negril. 7 mile didn't look busy at all but you must do Ricks Cafe.

San Diego
Level Contributor
376 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: spring break in bloody bay

Hey VJ,

How is it going? Happy New Year to you and your hubby. Fantastic to see you guys going back to RTB.

We went back to RTB December 16-23 and had a blast! We left the teenagers at home so it was just myself Denise and the little one.

It was great being able to experience another week at RTB. We mainly just hung on the beach - we had very good weather - only one afternoon of rain. The two main differences that we noticed were that there were a lot more Europeans at the resort this time, I would say about 80%. Not a bad thing, just an observation. The second thing is that the entertainment has gotten even cheesier, if you can believe it!

We went out one afternoon and went to Rick's Cafe. It is worth checking out and spending a couple of hours. I would suggest arriving around 4:00 - 4:30; that's when the pre-sunset party really gets going. We had dinner at 3 Dives on the way back. I highly recommend this place; casual vibe on the beach, excellent food, reasonably priced.

I hope that you guys have a great trip. I think we are looking at going somewhere different on our next trip though Negril will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,786 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: spring break in bloody bay

"We had dinner at 3 Dives on the way back. I highly recommend this place; casual vibe on the beach, excellent food, reasonably priced."

On the *cliffs*?