We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are staying at the Seastar and have a few questions.

winnipeg, manitoba
Level Contributor
829 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
We are staying at the Seastar and have a few questions.

1). Is the Hi-Lo grocery close by?

2). How far is it from the Cliff area to the beach?

3). Are there good restaurants in the area for the evening? We will be at the beach during the day so we will be checking out the restaurants there. I have heard the food at the Seastar is very good but we would also like to try other places.

4). I really like to snorkel is there an area within walking distance?

Thanks

winnipeg, manitoba
Level Contributor
829 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: We are staying at the Seastar and have a few questions.

For anyone who has stayed at the Seastar...do we need to bring our own beach towels?

Thanks

kiz
canada
Level Contributor
249 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: We are staying at the Seastar and have a few questions.

Hi NE

Seastar has towels available by the pool. We usually took our own towels to the beach etc. but, they did not seem to have a problem if you wanted to use their towels off the property.

kiz
canada
Level Contributor
249 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: We are staying at the Seastar and have a few questions.

I just realized you are going very, very soon!! I'm so jealous! Have a fabulous vacation!

winnipeg, manitoba
Level Contributor
829 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: We are staying at the Seastar and have a few questions.

Thanks Kiz. I will contact you when we get back. I am so relieved today, I went to my surgeon and got a clean health report. The last time I went to Jamaica 2 years ago I wasn't feeling well and had some tests before I went. Couldn't really relax on my holiday. Found out when I got home I had cancer. Wow, now I can really enjoy myself!!

So. Wisconsin
Level Contributor
665 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: We are staying at the Seastar and have a few questions.

I just noticed you asked a bout the Hi-Lo, there was a store at the end of the road just down from Seastar. You can walk there if you choose, and then there are always guys who would be happy to give you a ride back for a few bucks, if you buy to much stuff and don't feel like walking.

AS for towels, take along some beach towels for when you go to beach, or better yet buy acouple from the beach vendors! You will love the swim-up bar @ Seastar, and they have towels by the pool.

I'm jealous, but our time will come soon enough - enjoy your trip!

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,534 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: We are staying at the Seastar and have a few questions.

The name of the store at the corner of your lane is DJ's I think...but Wise Choice is just up the road a few clicks, I really like that store. You won't need to go to HiLo.

As far as sea access, LTU has repaired their sea access so there's that, also Mariners I think is close by. If you don't want to go to Margartitaville you can take a local cab for 65JMD from the road (not the lane, but it's only a 5 minute walk to the road) to the traffic circle and walk down the beach to find your "sweet spot".

The best restaurant in the area IMHO is SeaStar. For a change, you might want to try Sips and Bites, 3 Dives and LTU.