We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I will be staying at the White Sands Resort

new york
Level Contributor
149 posts
1 review
Save Topic
I will be staying at the White Sands Resort

Is the White sands hotel is within walking distance to restaurants and nightclubs? Alfred's and Margaritavile? Is it also safe to walk around at night as well? I read somewhere that to take a cab to other parts of negril it would cost around $2-3, is that per person or for the entire ride? Any suggestions on what I should do when there? THanks.

So. Wisconsin
Level Contributor
665 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I will be staying at the White Sands Resort

Yes, definitely within walking distance to places you mentioned. Cab prices vary, but are not all that expensive, just be sure to agree to a price before getting in.

As for suggestions, we like to do nothing! But when we do feel like expending energy, we visit Best of the West for jerk chicken or breakfast at Selinas. Consider visit ti the west-end for an afternoon and watch the sunset at Pirates or 3-Dives!

East Lansing, MI
Level Contributor
104 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: I will be staying at the White Sands Resort

We were told that as long as people were still out on the beach that it was safe. But if you will be returning to the hotel late at night, it was recommended we take a cab. (even though we were still on the beach) We walked everywhere on the beach while we were there, without much of a problem. If you want to go to the West End, I would go early (well before sunset) and spend more of the day. But if your schedule doesn't permit, Rockhouse, LTU and Xtabi have dinner pick up, just let Frances (or anyone in the office) know and they will call them for you. You do pay for the ride back, it was $8 for the both of us.