We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White sands hotel

new york
Level Contributor
149 posts
1 review
Save Topic
White sands hotel

Hi~! I was just wondering if there were any "walmart" type stores near this hotel. And if there were alot of nearby restaurants that were affordable to eat at. I am trying to decide between Negril Gardens (all inclusive) or White Sands. There is a $400 difference, and I would like to see if going all inclusive for $400 was even worth it. thanks.

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: White sands hotel

I think that half the fun of Negril is trying out all the fabulous places to eat. Best in the West, 3Dives, Kuyaba, Miss Sonia's, Rockhouse, Niah's, Selina's and a zillion others. The food is SO good and fresh there and typically pretty inexpensive as well.

Have fun!

southern, illinois
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White sands hotel

Peach, if you drink alot, 400 divided by 7 by 2 people, plus all your meals is a bonus. Just because its ai doesnt mean you cant try other places. Lots of times we stay at the cheaper ai's for the convience of the bar, but we always have at least one meal a day away from the hotel. Realistically figure out how much extra cash you have, how adventurous you want to be, and how many cocktails you may have in a day, as a old travelling buddy of mine used to say about Merrills 2, "if we have 25 drinks a day it's like going for free" have fun

minnesota
Level Contributor
145 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: White sands hotel

thank god there's no "walmart" stores. negril is very laid back and cozy place. no hotels higher than a palm tree unlike cancun. very carefree, thats what i like, its like heading up to your cabin, feels like home. i agree with the other post...cheap enough to still head out if you choose the gardens, go for it.