We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beach water in Negril?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PA
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best beach water in Negril?

Which hotel or area has the clearest/bluest wtare. I am a huge fan of swimming in the sea, and I want to know where the best beach with the best water is - in Negril

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,156 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beach water in Negril?

The best looking water is up in the cliffs but there is no beach. You can cliff dive into the ocean though.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beach water in Negril?

I would vote for the Bloody Bay section of Negril. The Rius are there along with Couples Negril and Grand Lido Negril.

temecula ca
Level Contributor
560 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beach water in Negril?

Right in front of beaches was beautiful. Hardly any sea weed for some reason and clear and calm as a pool. Hope this helps. keri

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,786 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beach water in Negril?

Bloody Bay or about the middle of the main beach (middle being roughly below Margaritaqville and above Aqua Moon).

PA
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beach water in Negril?

We are staying at Couples Swept Away, but the water doesn't look the greatest there(8 mile beach). I am a bit worried. It jusy doesn't look that blue :-(

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,786 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beach water in Negril?

All I can say to "doesn't look blue" is....

…hookahheads.com/albums/album1483/acc.jpg

and I'll add

gallery.hookahheads.com/gallery/album1483/ame

:)

PA
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beach water in Negril?

ohliz, are those pictures from swept away?

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beach water in Negril?

OK...I'm puzzled. The "bluest" water? The water is crystal clear and beautiful anywhere on the beach or the cliffs. There is no water "nicer" than other. It's all the same sea, it's just what you prefer. I doh't like to swim in water over my head, but I stay on the cliffs where the water appears a "deep" blue because it's about 40' deep there. The shallower water on the beach will appear "clear" when you walk in and might get muddied up as the sand kicks up. It also depends on the weater...the water gets "muddied" when the sea gets rough.

It's the Carribean. All the water is BEAUTIFUL, and crystal clear. Pfft.

San Diego
Level Contributor
376 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best beach water in Negril?

I am patial to Riu Tropical Bay in Bloody Bay. We stayed there twice in 2005. Riu Tropical Bay sits smack dab in the middle of Bloody Bay with a very large beach area with plenty of lounge chairs. There are numerous coconut trees spread along the stretch that offer some shade.

The water is very clear and very calm. NO rocks and NO seaweed. You can walk out a good 75 yards and still only be up to your armpits. We bring inflatable rafts and enjoy floating in the water. Ahhhh, memories!

As others have mentioned 7 mile beach/Bloody Bay is all one long stretch of the same ocean. When the sun is shining you see the beautiful blue / turquoise hues. When it clouds up you lose the brillant colors.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,786 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best beach water in Negril?

Relaxing, taken just south of there.

True the water is pretty much the same but when you get way south, you're near the river, and that can occasionally affect clarity depending on what direction the river water is flowing out.

Also certain spots, like near Footeprints, have sandbags in the water, not so much fun.

If there has been a storm, the upper and mid beach area seems to clear of seaweed and debris first.

...and some areas are simply wider than others sand-wise, but that changes seasonally or more often than that.

Overall though, it's true...all the same.