We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Negril Gardens Beach Resort

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Negril Gardens Beach Resort

Has anyone stayed at this resort recently. I noticed all the reviews were quite old. We are going in a couple of weeks and would love some idea of what it is like.

Thank you.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Negril Gardens Beach Resort

Codeye,

Yes we have stayed at Negril Gardens 3 times and plan to do so for years to come. NG is wonderful! It is a small AI owned by Sandals. The rooms are comfortable, clean but not fancy. The food is good but keep in mind the buffets are modest not huge spreads like big AIs. The staff is amazing! We have friends there that we stay in touch with all year round. We recently stayed at Beaches Negril in October due to NG being closed for rennovations and we will never do it again. Negril Gardens is the best place to be right in the middle of the beach close walking distance to everything. Have a blast and email me if you have any further questions!

One Love,

Heather

ADB
New England
Level Contributor
75 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Negril Gardens Beach Resort

The place was closed for the slow season since Sept and opens Dec 15??? In Oct we looked around and they were doing lots of work so the place will be real nice when you are there. Enjoy.

Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Negril Gardens Beach Resort

Codeye I'm glad you asked that question. I'd been wondering what is going on at Negril Gardens also. We will be staying there in Jan. I knew that they were doing some renovations but I wasn't sure when they planned to re-open. Thanks ADB for the update. I can't wait to see the place (and the rest of Jamaica)!!!

St. Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Negril Gardens Beach Resort

I had heard bits and pieces about NGBR as well - thanks for the recent post!

My husband and I are arriving on New Years to spend a week there. I can't wait to see what they've done with the place that took them 3+ months! I can't wait to get back to Negril, period!

22 days and counting!

Vermont
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Negril Gardens Beach Resort

We are going to Negril Gardens on March 30th for a wedding there, so it would be great to see some new trip reports and to have some information on what type of renovations were done this year. Have fun!

Vermont
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Negril Gardens Beach Resort

We are going to Negril Gardens on March 30th for a wedding, so it would be great to see some updated trip reports. I would like to know more about what type of renovations were done this year. Have a blast!

Ann Arbor, MI
Level Contributor
64 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Negril Gardens Beach Resort

We're going to NGBR in the end of Febr. Does anybody know what renov are going on there?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Negril Gardens Beach Resort

When we were there in Oct and got moved to Beaches we did have the opportunity to meet up with some friends that work at NG. One of them took us to the resort to braid my hair and to say hello to people. It had been 1 1/2 years since we were there so we were already suprised by the renovations that had been done after the last big hurricane. The resort looked really nice. The shut down renovations look to me to be more of a really good cleaning up of the resort. They had the kitchen all apart and all of the room air conditioners outside being cleaned. Hopefully they were also upgrading some of the rooms but I am not sure. I can ask our friends when I talk to them specifically what else has been done over the past 3 months. I will let you know when I find out.

One Love,

Heather

Ann Arbor, MI
Level Contributor
64 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Negril Gardens Beach Resort

thanks Heather. we've never been to jamaica before so we're kind of excited and a bit worried. we're staying on the beach side. it looked from the pics that there're 2-story buildings. which level is better? we'd like to have a nice view and a little balcony. thanks again, elena

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
62 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Negril Gardens Beach Resort

Hello elenabeau,

Yes all of the buildings on the beachside are two story duplexs. I personally liked the second story rooms on the beach side unless you are lucky enough to get the very first room on the beach. That room is steps away from the restaurant and the bar but the flip side is it is backed by Alfreds so it is loud at night when they have live music. The second story gives you a ceiling fan and a better view of the water. Now if they try to stick you in the area by the office which is more motel like then the rest tell them you are unhappy and want to be moved, you should have no problem. Please feel free to ask any other questions and I will update everyone once I call out friends that work there.

One Love,

Heather