We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Point Village Construction

Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
Point Village Construction

Read on another forum about a bunch of construction going on at Point Village that made for a bad experience - going there in Feb.hope its all fixed up by then!

Indiana
Level Contributor
961 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Point Village Construction

Noticed on your other post you will be @ Point Village on the 7th, we are arriving on the 10th, 10 of us.....lots more coming in on the 11th.......where have you heard about construction at the Point and when, have friends there, haven't heard anything......thanks for any info you can give...maybe see you around, we will be there until the 22nd!

Illinois
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Point Village Construction

Hello Lacyjmc

I too saw the negative post about Poiint Village, I have stayed there several times and am going back in three days, so today I called them to ask about the negative post.

As it turns out they did remodel the restaurant and guests did have to eat at the gazeebo outside. However now the buffet restaurant is open and all bars are open now. There is minimal construction as they finish the work, which according to them, will be finished in a month( but it is Jamaica).

The people at Point Village have always been great. Its a beautiful place, decent beach, great snorkeling and grounds. It is not a five star though, the rooms are clean and adequate but not fancy and the air in my rooms always has worked fine. I found the staff to be typical Jamaican friendly and made some good friends. And best of all, its in JAMAICA! If what they told me is not correct I will let you know i 10 days

Trance