We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

original Hedonism is now called?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Topic
original Hedonism is now called?

I was at the ORIGINAL Hedonism in Negril back in 1978. Does anyone know what they have now called this resort? I am hoping to spot it on my return trip to Negril this coming weekend!

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: original Hedonism is now called?

I'm confused. I think this is a trick question. I thought I read in the past that there was not a "hedonism" but the first one was called "Hedonism II" in Negril.

I'm sure somebody will sort this out.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: original Hedonism is now called?

Greetings all,

You are correct MaryKaye and Joe, there was never a Hedo I, the first one was Hedo II in Negril which is still there. I think back in 1978 HedoII was called something else though... "Negril Beach Club" or something like that.

Blessings and respect.

Steve

Cherry Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
6,651 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: original Hedonism is now called?

Thanks Steve,

I was hoping I wasn't crazy...

here's a "history of Hedonism" link I found.

Kinda interesting.

http://www.jamaicajim.com/chronol.htm

Oh and Steve,

Enjoy your trip (next week?). Have you responded to the thread about "Where to take a 2 and 6 year old?" I'll go check.

philadelphia
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: original Hedonism is now called?

The original hotel was called Negril Beach Village. We were there on our honeymoon Sept.77

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: original Hedonism is now called?

Thankyou Kirbster...that's what I was looking for...I was there May 78....sharks teeth and all.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: original Hedonism is now called?

Negril Beach Village...is it still standing today? What is it now called?

Beverly Shores...
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: original Hedonism is now called?

Ramona: You are not reading the responses. We were there in 1972. It was Negril Beach Village, with shark teeth and all. Then they decided to change the name to Hedo II. There never was a Hedo I, it was Negril Beach Village (or Club). Second time we went it was still NBV/C. Ok!

Illinois
Level Contributor
242 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: original Hedonism is now called?

Ramona...I still have a few of those "sharks teeth money" in my jewelry box..along with foreign currency. That was in the day of free red or white wine and rum punch. My first all inclusive back in 79.