We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from GLN..... Any questions???

London, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned from GLN..... Any questions???

I was at GLN Oct 31 to Nov 7. I will be glad to answer any questions.

montreal
Level Contributor
11,515 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from GLN..... Any questions???

Greetings Maybride, I hope you had good weather.

I do have one quick question for you actually; How was the beach conditions? Do you know if there was much/any damage/erosion from the storms this season? I know you might not be able to compare it to previous years, but did you perhaps hear any comments about it from regulars?

Thanks in advance, blessings and respect to you.

Steve

NH
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from GLN..... Any questions???

I am leaving for my honeymoon in 2 days to GLN. Of course hearing of impending tropical storm/potential hurricane not helping me :)

Are there a lot of tress on the beach for shade? I know they don't have beach umbrellas.

Did you go to the clothing optional beach? Lots of shade there? Nice beach?

What restaurants would you recommend for a picky eater :)

Were you on your honeymoon? any perks for being on your honeymoon?

Any other recommendations?

London, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from GLN..... Any questions???

Steve, While I was there they had loaders taking sand from the ocean are redistributing it to the beach. From what I heard from others there was not a lot of difference in the beach.

London, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from GLN..... Any questions???

Mulli31,

There are not a lot of trees on the clothing beach.... more on the clothing optional beach. My favorite places to eat was the French place and Cafe Lido. Hope this helps

Oregon
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from GLN..... Any questions???

Returned yesterday from GLN. Spent entire beach time on clothing optional. There is virtually no shade on the 'regular' beach but clothing optional does have it. The regular beach is broader and prettier, however. I preferred Cafe Lido; they have daily menu changes.

Toronto
Level Contributor
590 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from GLN..... Any questions???

Hello,

We heading out to GLN on Dec. 4.

Did you get the manicure and pedicure?

If so how long did they take?

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from GLN..... Any questions???

Just returned from GNL. I didnt get the pedicure or manicure but others did. If you have acrylic nails they just do a polish change. It doesnt take to long.

I highly recommend a facial.

Toronto
Level Contributor
590 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from GLN..... Any questions???

Hijmhallmark,

Great to hear you just returned. Do you have a trip report? I'd love to read it or see pictures. How was the weather? Was the beach at GLN damaged from the storm?

Just wondering about room categories.

I booked a super select from Expedia. I'm not really sure what I'm going to get for that. Hopefully it's not old and worn. Is there any ins and outs of getting an upgrade? Any secrets you care to share! hehe!

well if you have a trip report I look forward to reading it.....

take care

London, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from GLN..... Any questions???

Ulrastar,

Most of the room at GLN are are waterview, which is great. Our room was 1034 which was close to everything. On Monday evenings it was a little loud because they have their Monday night beach party, most nights the music is over between 10:00 or 10:30. We were going to change rooms after the first night (Monday) to a beachfront room, but it backs up to the main highway... I have not had a chance to write a review.. Will try to get to it this weekend. I did get a manicure and pedicure while there. It was just average. One piece of advise is if you want a massage check the spa daily to see if they are having any specials. While I was there the ran a couple special for $130, but it is not advertised. You have to ask! Have a great time.

London, KY
Level Contributor
183 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from GLN..... Any questions???

Urastar,

Oh, the weather was great in the mornings and early afternoon. Two days we were there we did not get any rain. The other days it would start raining anywhere between 1:30 and 4:00 for a couple of hours. Overall the weather was great though. We were in a Jr. Suite with a two person shower... the shower is great, with two separate shower heads and several body sprayers, some of their suites have jetted tubs, but I think the shower is nicer. While we were there they were working on the beach. Taking sand from the ocean and replacing it on the beach. Did not notice any visable damage from the storms.