We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can You Walk to the Town Center from Merril's?

USA
Level Contributor
421 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Can You Walk to the Town Center from Merril's?

We are thinking of staying in a small hotel somewhere on the 7 mile stretch, but we want to be able to walk to the town center. We thought Merril's would be good since they are affordable and you can play at all three. They are also affordable enough for us that we could choose to eat outside of the hotel if we wanted. Is Merril's within walking distance of the town center? If not, does anyone have any hotel suggestions for us? We aren't too picky. We'd like clean rooms and preferably a pool (even a small one). Thanks in advance!

southern, illinois
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can You Walk to the Town Center from Merril's?

T, yes you can walk, it is a good jog though, Merrills 2 is the nicest of the three and if you can upgrade to one of the suites, there are only 4, its not that much more and really nice, have a sweet time

USA
Level Contributor
421 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can You Walk to the Town Center from Merril's?

Thanks Dukedog!

Is there much of a difference in rooms of Merril's II and say, Coral Seas, Legends, etc.?

I found a lot of spring break pics, we are not interested in that stuff, does it only happen during March?

Thanks again for your help!

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Can You Walk to the Town Center from Merril's?

It's a good walk but it's manageable. I have walked further on a couple of occasions (and I am no longer that fit). It wont be noticeable unless the day is very hot.

Beverly Shores...
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can You Walk to the Town Center from Merril's?

Dear tricia hoy: Yes, you can easily walk to the center of Negril. Also, Merril's is very nice, clean, and since it is AI, you get some very nice food. At lunch and dinner they also serve wine. On two dinners we ordered lobsters. If you let the kitchen know that you will want lobster for dinner, they prepare it--it is great. You pay some 15$ for the lobster. Drinks are good and yes, they have a pool. Go and enjoy. John R.

USA
Level Contributor
421 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can You Walk to the Town Center from Merril's?

Thanks guys! Sounds like Merril's is the spot for us.

Oh and to the kind Jamaican poster, will it be hot in early May? When is your rainy seasno? I wonder if it is hit and miss like other parts of the caribbean.

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Can You Walk to the Town Center from Merril's?

It starts getting warmer in May but it is outside the Hurricane Season. There may be some rain but not enough to spoil your entire vacation!!

USA
Level Contributor
421 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can You Walk to the Town Center from Merril's?

Hi there again! What is your idea of "warmer"? We want warm weather, even hot!

southern, illinois
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can You Walk to the Town Center from Merril's?

No worries it be hot

USA
Level Contributor
421 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can You Walk to the Town Center from Merril's?

Great!

Kingston, Jamaica
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Can You Walk to the Town Center from Merril's?

Hi:

When I say warmer I mean hot by many standards but not as hot as the Mid-Summer months!!!!