We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Idle Awhile vs. Negril Treehouse vs. CocoLapalm

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
texas
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Idle Awhile vs. Negril Treehouse vs. CocoLapalm

Which hotel would be the best choice for a family with a 13 yr old and a 1 yr old? Which has the best beach, best pools, best food, best rooms?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
252 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Idle Awhile vs. Negril Treehouse vs. CocoLapalm

In my opinion I'd choose either Idle Awhile or CoCoLaPalm. Negril Treehouse is not quite as good, in my opinion.

For the most part you can't go wrong with Idle Awhile. If you stay there you can also take advantage of the huge fitness center at Couple Swept Away.

CoCoLaPalm holds a special place in many of the board members hearts. The resort gets consistently high reviews.

Just a thought...Go and check-out the pics and resport features for all of these out on www.negrilonestop.com

nc
Level Contributor
134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Idle Awhile vs. Negril Treehouse vs. CocoLapalm

We stayed at Idle Awhile this past July and loved it. I noticed though that you are interested in a resort with a pool,which Idle Awhile does not have. This did not bother us at all afterall you have the huge beautiful sea right in front of you. They have new chair cushions that can be used as floats and the whole area in front of them is roped off for safe swimming. The rooms were clean and spacious much nicer than we even expected and the friendly service was top notch in our opinion.It was very quiet and private and a great location. Hope this was helpful.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
252 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Idle Awhile vs. Negril Treehouse vs. CocoLapalm

One thing about IdleAwhile is that you do get to share the sports and fitness center at Couples Swept Away, which is by far the nicest in Negril. They also have a lap pool which couples staying at IdleAwhile can use, pretty big.

The rooms at IdleAwhile do share certain elements with the bungalows at Couples Swept Away.