We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport needed?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
1 post
Save Topic
Passport needed?

We are plnning to stay at Swept Away Couples Resort but one of us has an expired passport. , with a six week wait till the new one comes in I was wondering if anyone could tell me if Jamaica requires a passport from travelers from the U.S. ?

Springfield...
Level Contributor
4,902 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Passport needed?

Not required as of yet. The US changed requirements that were to go into effect 1/1/06 to 1/1/07. Just make sure you have birth certif. with raised seal. Females that are married must have marriage license. If you're divorced and changed your name you'll need the divorce decree as well.

Indiana
Level Contributor
961 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Passport needed?

You don't say when you are travelling, but you may want to check with your airline, yes the US extended it, but we have to have passports due to using an international airline..........also Jamaica is now preferring it for customs.....check with your airline definitely!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passport needed?

It seemed that the Americans with passports went through customs and other airport lines much more quickly. I don't think they are required as yet, but will make your trip easier.

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
363 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passport needed?

bring your expired passport. They will look at it and it is a photo ID. I have traveled with an expired passport in the past, and they do look at it but also bring the birth certif with raised seal.