We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions for sandals Negril, Oct 30 - Nov 5

Omaha, NE
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
suggestions for sandals Negril, Oct 30 - Nov 5

We're going to Sandals Negril October 30 - November 5. We'd like to try cliff jumping and eat some good food (Lobster?) and have been told to go to three dive and/or pirates cave/cove?

Should we exchange some US$ for JA$? How do we get ther? what should we expect to pay a taxi driver?

Any other suggestions?

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions for sandals Negril, Oct 30 - Nov 5

3 Dives

http://www.maherconsulting.com/3dives/

and Pirates Cave

www.piratescavenegril.com

You can jump from Pirates cave, but not from 3 Dives.. The jump from Pirates cave is about 35 feet.. 3 Dives has a bonfire at night, and sometimes has bands play there.. Great lobsters and jerk chicken, with granny sauce.. yummy.. Anyway.. Walk out to the road and get a cab from the road.. It will cost you less.. Check out TOTTS answer to this thread on taxi's.. It's very informative..

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147309-i69-k31176…

Stay with US if you want.. I always do.. I always take small bills ones and fives.. US $$ is accepted almost everywhere.. Good Luck!

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions for sandals Negril, Oct 30 - Nov 5

Oh forgot to add that both of the above restaurants do take us$$.. Pirates cave even takes wet US $$.. lol.. when Rick's was closed many people from Wild Thing would swim from the boat to the stairs under and hand them $$ on the way up.. Take a cheat sheet with you just in case prices are quoted in ja. http://www.oanda.com/convert/cheatsheet

Love that thing..

Omaha, NE
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions for sandals Negril, Oct 30 - Nov 5

forgot to mention, we're getting married there, at Sandals. Should we opt for the photos and/or video ahead of time, or could we save some money and pay someone there cash for the same thing.

Omaha, NE
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestions for sandals Negril, Oct 30 - Nov 5

Well, we ended up going to Pirate’s Cave one day for lunch. It was about 12pm and Three Dives was not yet open.

The service, food, drinks, atmosphere, view, and cliff jumping were amazing. Everything was better than Sandals were we happened to be staying. Other than paying the tab, it was the favorite thing we did while in Negril.

2 plates of grilled lobster – should have been 2 x $22

4 beers

2 pina coladas

TOTAL - $80 !!

It’s my own fault for not questioning the tab, but it is because they screwed me I leave reviews like this and why I won’t go back.

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,534 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestions for sandals Negril, Oct 30 - Nov 5

I disagree about US$$ vs JA...always pay in JA...then you don't have to count on them making the conversion...other than a bank or a Cambio it is the proprietor's discretion as to the rate they will convert at.

i.e., Cambio was closed, we tried to change $$ at a hotel's front desk...bank rate was 60 to 1, they wanted 50 to 1.