We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Riu Negril

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
3 posts
Save Topic
Club Riu Negril

We are staying at the Club Riu Negril due to a last minute change from the Iberoster Tucan.

What type of top shelf liquor do they serve?

Is there snorkeling from the beach?We booked a

sea view room is this a good choice?How is the kids club for a nine year old boy?The reviews look positive,we never stayed at a RIU resort just wondering.Thanks

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Riu Negril

We stayed at the Clubhotel Riu in August and had a great time. I have an 11 year old son. Not sure about liquor-- sorry. There is snorkeling from the beach when the water is not murky. The swimming area is murky a lot. Just outside the ropes is better snorkeling, but beware of jet ski's and other boats. At the resort Scuba Caribe offers an inexpensive snorkeling trip out to some reefs that we really enjoyed.

If you are staying in one room I recommend building 1 or 3, as they are larger rooms and therefore better for a family. Probably you will not be in the room enough for sea view to matter. We did not have sea view and did not miss it.

Don't miss playing with the hermit crabs at the end of the beach area by building #4.

Most of the children in the kids club were fairly young. I would say 5-ish. Your 9 year old would probably like the entertainment staff and all of the activities at the pool.