We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from Montego Bay Airport to Negril

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
transportation from Montego Bay Airport to Negril

What is the most reasonal priced way to get to Negril from Mobay airport?

What is the average cost?

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from Montego Bay Airport to Negril

Hello,

We always go with TimAir, which costs $210.00. A quick 15 minute flight to Negril from MoBay. Definitely not the most reasonable though. Some resorts offer free shuttle service. I'm guessing that a taxi might be the most reasonable way. Check online by searching "transport to Negril" and you should at least see prices to compare. Wish I could be more help! Enjoy your stay!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,736 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from Montego Bay Airport to Negril

both juta negril and clives offer a "shared" transfer, which, may or may not end up having you stop to drop off other passengers enroute depending on whether they get other bookings for the time slot (many have lucked out and had this ride to themselves)...

the going rate is around 20 US pp...

a private driver will cost you in the range of +/-70US for 2-3 individuals (incremental charge for more)...

tim air as mentioned above is available and many think well worth the money, but far from the most reasonable priced option... the drive time is approx 1.5 hours, the fly time i believe is about 15-20 min...

Enjoy

Chelle

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
894 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from Montego Bay Airport to Negril

We love using Talk of the Town Tours for our transfers to and from the airport to resort. They will stop anywhere you want to along the way and they are great people!

Turtle

Chicago
Level Contributor
679 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from Montego Bay Airport to Negril

You can take a JUTA bus I think it cost us between 16-18 pp. I have heard or others complaining about taking a long time dropping others off, we dropped a few people at Beaches and a few at Sandals and then he dropped my gf and I at CCLP, didn't take too long though. If you want a private Taxi more in the range of $70 for a group although if you find a cool local and take tours wth them they will probably drop you off at the airport for cheaper than that at the end of your trip.

Maryland
Level Contributor
814 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation from Montego Bay Airport to Negril

We had our private airport transfer booked through Xtabi's driver Kingsley. However, for our all-day trip, we hired Clive's Transportation and he was wonderful.

Michigan
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation from Montego Bay Airport to Negril

I book my, private airport transfer to Negril, with Jamaica Customised Vacations and Tours, at www.jcvtt.com/services. They charge $20.00, for private transfers, my driver was Andre, very nice guy, he knows his.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
183 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transportation from Montego Bay Airport to Negril

Hey Kbeachin. It might help to know how many of there are you and are you looking for a group or private transfer?

Ashland, Virginia
Level Contributor
772 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transportation from Montego Bay Airport to Negril

I like Clives transport. Good people and safe cars/vans. Check out his web site

Avon Park
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transportation from Montego Bay Airport to Negril

Another vote for Clive's. I was thrilled by my experience...prompt, courteous, and all for $20!!!! I did round trip and was very happy to have Clive himself as my driver from MBJ to Negril,,very nice man.

shag

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: transportation from Montego Bay Airport to Negril

I use Clives for a single and TOTTT for double or more. Enjoy1