We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Restaurants? w/ grilled lobster

New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Restaurants? w/ grilled lobster

I am looking for some serious romantic dining on the beach in Negril that has to include grilled lobster?

Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
Illinois
Level Contributor
591 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Romantic Restaurants? w/ grilled lobster

Has to be....Kuyaba :)

LL

Texas
Destination Expert
for Port Antonio
Level Contributor
986 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Romantic Restaurants? w/ grilled lobster

kuyaba on the beach

rockouse on the cliffs

jodi 123,

i am so sorry to hear about your bad experience yes always a must to confirm the price of a taxi BEFORE getting in but another thing i would have called rockhouse and advised them of the situation they are probably not aware as these drivers are usually independent contractors

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Romantic Restaurants? w/ grilled lobster

No disrespect Steve but I thought Lobster season was april-june, having had to miss out of my fav last trip in April.. Or did they move and extend it??? Thought conch was right after lobster- august.. I dunno, I'm all confused.. Things change and I have been busy trying to plan the next trips..lol..

Weymouth...
Level Contributor
1,573 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Romantic Restaurants? w/ grilled lobster

Oh just read jodi's post.. Rockhouse uses Kenny's tour's.. I never took a cab with them, but know they, like many cab drivers will try to get the most they can from you.. I always walk out to the street to catch a cab. I know that it was only about $4 to the beach from there, and thats what I told the cabbies when they stopped. Have had to haggle slightly here and there, as I start around there knowing I'm going to have to give a little. Always look for red plates and decide the price before you step foot in the cab. Thats horrible that they did that to you.. I'm so sorry you had that horrible experience.. I have never had a problem getting a cab from the street in front of the Rockhouse. Like everyone has said Kuyaba, Norma's, Rockhouse, and the unromantic but very yummy 3 dives.. lol.. Hey I had a candle on my table.. Good Luck

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
647 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Romantic Restaurants? w/ grilled lobster

BostonMel,

You're not confused. You've got the dates right on when lobster is out of season.

Have fun planning that next trip! : )

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
Level Contributor
10,119 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Romantic Restaurants? w/ grilled lobster

Hello Trie22,

Food is food. Romance will depend on you and your partner after your stomach is filled. Anywhere in Negril can become the most ideal romantic spot once you are both on the same vibe.

COSMOS RESTAURANT right on the beach. http://www.jamaicajim.com/cosmos.htm

Please try out some of the other delicious food choices as well.

Banana pancakes, meat patties with a cold red stripe beer.

Here are some pictures of other great meals available.

http://www.jamaicans.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=005809

Have fun!

Mentioned in this post
Negril
Negril
Jamaica