We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tensing Pen Wedding- Advice/suggestions?

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
missouri
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Tensing Pen Wedding- Advice/suggestions?

Hi

I am planning a wedding at Tensing Pen for April 2006. I have heard that their wedding coordinator is sometimes unreachable?? I am in early planning stages, but would love to hear about other experiences at Tensing Pen, especially from anyone who has been married there. Any advice/suggestions/ or warnings is welcomed! Thanks!

southern, illinois
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tensing Pen Wedding- Advice/suggestions?

We got married 3 years ago at beach hiuse villas . Our wedding coodinator was named grace Lee. She was great, professional, on top of her game, the best, every curve we threw at her she knocked out of the park. I am a General mgr for a large resort in the states and we do about 80 big weddings a year, so I understand your stress. Try contacting her at Beach house villas in negril if she is no longer there post another forum and I'll try to find her for you. Dont worry your wedding will be great. congratulations

missouri
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tensing Pen Wedding- Advice/suggestions?

Thanks for the input.

Anyone else actually been married at T.P. with advice?

baltimore
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tensing Pen Wedding- Advice/suggestions?

Hi,

We're getting married at TP this October, and I have to agree that the wedding coordinator there is not the best, and not very good at communication. There would be times where 2 weeks or more would pass without hearing back from her...we eventually had to go to an outside wedding coordinator because TP basically wasn't doing anything for us. I would at least give it a try with them, see what kind of response you get, but if the responses don't meet your expectations, then I'd look elsewhere. It's not worth the stress to not know what's going on with your plans!! We're using Ari from Sun Gold Weddings, I'd be happy to pass her email onto you. She's been very good about helping us and answering our 1000's of questions and getting things set up.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you have, from my experiences so far, and to let you know how things went.

Thanks,

Kelly

missouri
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tensing Pen Wedding- Advice/suggestions?

Is the coordinator you used part of Sun Gold Photography? I am thinking about using them as my photographer. That would be great if they could help to coordinate everything as well. I hope your wedding goes great! Keep me posted! Thanks for the advice too!

missouri
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tensing Pen Wedding- Advice/suggestions?

kspoerl, I read some of your other posts and was curious to know where your other guests are going to stay? I have the same situation where all of my guests are not going to stay at T.P., and am looking for other nearby hotel options for them. I was thinking Samsara or Coral Seas Cliff hotel, but am still looking around.

missouri
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Tensing Pen Wedding- Advice/suggestions?

Just one more question...

did you go with the "wedding package" at T.P., or otherwise?

I am waiting for them to give me a quote on the price of the package for April, as their website lists last years rates, and they told me they would be going up. I have been waiting for weeks for the new rate.

baltimore
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tensing Pen Wedding- Advice/suggestions?

Yes, Ari is associated with Sun Gold Photography, who we are also using as our photographers (Paula cracks me up, she's very funny!).

As for using a wedding package with TP, I didn't even know they had one! Like I said in one of the posts, they weren't very receptive with their responses, and even wanted to charge us for a location fee after being "forced" to hire an outside coordinator.

As it turns out, our wedding party is getting smaller and smaller due to some medical issues with some of our family members, so what started out with about only 30 guests is down to about 20 or so. Everyone, except for 1 family w/2 young girls (ages 11 & 9), is staying at TP...unless people have made other arrangements that I'm unaware of. The family with the 2 girls is staying at CoCo LaPalm, which I've heard some very good things about, but it's on the beach so they're not within walking distance, but just a short cab ride away. We had looked into some other places as suggestions as well, Xtabi was one of them, with the attraction that kids under 17 (I think) could stay in the room with parents for free. I think we also looked into Sea Splash and Country Country, as suggestions, although no one that I know of is staying there.

I'd be happy to email you directly if you want, we can compare notes on how things are going or if I can offer any advice with anything else. I assume you've already booked your place at TP? And they are aware of the wedding date? Sometimes you need to tell them a couple different times, it seems like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing sometimes, if you know what I mean.

feel free to email me at kspoerl1@comcast.net with any other questions.

Thanks,

Kelly